2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing first- today I saw a 8ft wave hit the texas city ramp at 245pm and it forced a boat under the dock and the boat lifted the dock out of the water so hence one dock is damaged at texas city. I have seen many big waves this year an have to assume there is a new pilot . when a cargo ship arrives a local pilot takes over at north jetty area and he is the new captain - I may even assume the two sole who died in kemah area 3weeks ago were hit by a large wave same size as today .. they found the boat empty and later found the people. so post if you know something or call coast guard dirct line to complain for Houston area at 713 678 9057 that is a direct line to an investigator.

well here is the fishing report - I was too excited about my fishing trip and could not go to sleep so here its 2am and I am up . I could not get up at 430 am and managed to get out of bed at 6am so I was late .

first spot drifted pop and cork at 8:30 amd and caught 5 fish in 2hrs. 2nd spot nada , 3rd spot two fish in 45 min by anchoring and free shrimping . enclosed is a pic of area that I fished all were near the ramp .. at least I did not say caught them in texas water somewhere . water was 82 and it climed to 86 on outgoing tide , lots of bait in the water , texas city ran out of bait early , too many boats and just two reports for today ha

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
good report , 8 ft waves in the bay thats scary, nice catch also. im geussin you were in that greener water ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Texas City Waves

About 4 weeks ago I was loading my boat @ the public ramp on the dike when out of nowhere comes a 3 ft wave. My boat takes off lile a surfboard and I was thrown out of the boat between it and the dock. Lucky for me the boat catches on the stearn under the opposite dock keeping me from being crushed. Im through with Texas City I will launch from Galveston from here on out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Swampped Last Saturday

We were swamped last saturday at Todds dump! Partly our fault because we didnt see it comming. None the less there were numerous eight footers one after the other comming from two freighters that were comming in WAY too fast. Thanks to the people who came to check on us.

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,656 Posts
I didn't get swamped...but I almost got beached. Was wading near pepper's point in east bay and had the jet ski parked close to shore with a little too much anchor rope. I couldn't hardly see the waves, just acted like tide surges pushing the jet up onto the beach...luckily I was close enough that when the third one lifted it I pushed it out to deeper water to re-anchor. Peppers has to be 10 miles from the channel. Wave energy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts