2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have processed a lot of deer and pigs ,we got 4 show hogs from the 4-h show,and gonna do the do with them again this year.but a friend of mine asked me if i could run the steaks through my tenderizer...i said i have never done it ,but i guess i could,,,,
my question is ,will the fat clog up on the teeth or just turn the meat in to a lil mushy ????as pork being soft anyways???? these hogs were 230-270 lbs each.i did 4 yesterday,,,,,,,got-em in the cooler now.

phil

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
show pigs are pretty tender as long as they went back on feed for a bit and got a chance to relax and rehydrate.

it will work, but dunno why he would do that.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Very interesting concept. I never heard of that being done.
I agree, seems like the teeth Would eventually get clogged...
on the plus side, it would lube your tenderizer! LOL j/k
Keep us posted, if you try it.

·
a day late and a dollar short
549 Posts
If you ever want to sell that old tenderizer, please let me know. You know it might break it looks awfully old. I've been looking for one like that that doesn't cost $800 or up. Great looking pork also.

·
a day late and a dollar short
549 Posts
Just trying to get a laugh out of you on the price. I use one on every hog and deer that I shoot. I spray the knives and unit down with Pam spray and don't have any problem with the pork or anything sticking and it help with clean up of the knives.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Pork

PhilK, I really like your processing room. I have plans on turning one bay of the garage (that is not built yet) into a game processing room. I want a flat screen to watch football while I cut up deer and pigs, so my sink and counter will be an island with a floor drain in the middle of the room. I will have my freezer and refrigerator in there too. Sure will beat taking over the kitchen while I cut and grind. Nice equipment too.
BB

·
good looking single member
6,603 Posts
Smashing meat is ok if you cant cook.

Try this with squirrel, wabbit deer or what ever. This is an old European method

Take the meat, any meat, lets say an old fox squirrel or back strap. Cut it as you like as thick as you want.

get a shallow pan like a large skillet with a lid and fill 1/4 with water and add salt pepper, I like sage thyme garlic onion and rosemary.

place the meat in it and simmer for at least 90 minutes never allowing it to boil.

pinch the meat after 90 minutes and when it flakes off the bone or apart its ready

when you take it out batter it like you would SMASHED MEAT (yuck) and fry it.

You talk about tender and marinated to perfection you can also take it to the grill.

this is the way it was meant to be

try all kinds of spices/peppers in the water. I have done wild pheasent legs, squirrel, deer, wabbit, ****, dove, and duck like this. This is the way it was done years ago no need to have your meat smashed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts