2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well going to court for the first time tomorrow. Court is supposed to be for temporary orders. I have two beautiful daughters. 7 and 2 year olds. I hope it goes in my favor but I just dont see that happening. I have heard so many times how the courts are set up in the favor of the mother. Even though the Mother is the one who wronged me in the relationship. The judge is a female. I am sure I am fixing to get "Iked" again! Well wish me luck! I am nervous about it. I have never been to court except for a traffic ticket many moons ago! To top it off. I am working graveyards so I have to straight from work no sleep!

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
Good luck to ya. Been there done that and got a shirt, but I went through a custody battle as well. Not easy on the emotions at all. No matter what happened between you and your soon to be ex the best thing either of you could do at this point, no matter who wronged who, is work TOGETHER for what is best for those kids. Been divorced for about 8 years now and still have trouble trying to get the other to coparent....btw I have custody of my kids so it is possible...easy...no way...possible..absolutetly!! Wish ya'll the best.

Mike

·
Wish I Could FISH
73 Posts
Best of luck and as Mike said above - "Do what is best for your daughters". Maybe the judge will see that as well.

I also have custody of my 3 sons so it is possible.

Steve

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Don't go in feeling defeated already, wakeupluis. It seems things have changed a lot in the last few years. I don't know from personal experience, but it seems that the courts tend to listen to both sides of the story more now than they used to. Best of luck to you tomorrow, and best of luck to your girls from now on. Chin up!

·
Get off the shed!!
652 Posts
Going throught the same thing myself. I have a 3 year old boy and it kills me not to see him everyday. Haven't been to court yet but I can tell you divorce sux and wouldnt wish this on anybody.

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
keep your head up guys...prayers to all of y'all...theres a woman for all of us, most of em just dont get that we're right-all of the time.

jk

·
Registered
412 Posts
It shouldn't be about who wronged whom.

wakeupluis said:
Even though the Mother is the one who wronged me in the relationship. {QUOTE]

It SHOULD be what is best for the children. I know it is difficult especially when one feels he or she was done wrong by a spouse but, try to be civil to one another and work on what is best for the kids. If you do, you will be much happier in the long run.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Been there, done that, got the tee shirt, the hat, and bought the DVD. Remember, these are only temporary orders. The court may order an ad-lietum (sp?) attorney to represent the kids, and also order a therapist to interview you, the soon-to-be ex-wife, and the kids to evaluate the situation and make a recommendation to the court as who would better serve the kids as the custodial parent.

I got both of my kids in the end (and child support from the ex-wife), but it was a gut wrenching and very expensive ordeal, but obviously worth the fight. Remember, these judges see these cases every day, and the good ones can see through BS right away. Hopefully you got a good one.

Best of luck, this too shall pass.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was full of butterflies today. It actually did not got bad. The temporary orders are more or less in my favor. So hopefully when this is all over it will stay that way.. Thanks for all the advice and kind words. It helps to read that there is hope for a father in the day and age.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
flapper said:
keep you're head up and stay positive.i'll be thinking about you.that is too bad that the judge is a female.
Yes I heard she is a real hard butt too. But the good thing is the judge that was sitting in her place."also a female" was a very good friend of my attorney. But we never made it to that. We agreed on some orders outside of court and never went before the judge. Probably good for my ex. I am happy with the outcome. Less money out of my pocket in child support than I have been giving her anyways and we have equal say on everything for the time being. Thanks again for the support!

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
wakeupluis said:
I was full of butterflies today. It actually did not got bad. The temporary orders are more or less in my favor. So hopefully when this is all over it will stay that way.. Thanks for all the advice and kind words. It helps to read that there is hope for a father in the day and age.
What Court were you in? I'm going through the same thing but we worked out temporary orders through mediation.

My wife woke up one morning and decided she didn't want to be married anymore. :mad:

Here selfish decision affects the lives of my two boys not to mention me. I'll stop before I get on my soap box!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just stick to your guns no matter what your attorney or her attorney try to tell you or get out of you; if you never ask for something you will never get it, my attorney keep telling me there is no way her attorney will go for that but deep down they know they did wrong and you will come out a winner even though at the time you may not feel like it; it only takes time so hang in there and get what you ask for.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Please, please, whether you're a mom or dad, keep your children's best interest first and foremost. I deal with my ex husband (weasel) and he refuses to see that in his eyes, and choses to twist things, play mind games with me and our children. It causes heartache for all of us. He is the custodial parent, long story...PM if you want the details...but anyway, as hard as it is and regardless of the reason of the divorce, the kids didn't ask for it, they expected their lives to go on day to day as usual. Whatever hatred you have for your ex or soon to be ex doesn't need to go towards the children, in any situation. Divorce is never a pretty thing, have you ever imagined it through your children's eyes? The confusion, the things that are heard from your or your ex, time schedules, worrying about hurting the other parent's feelings for one reason or another, I can go on and on...
Again, keep the children first, regardless of what you have to do
Jen

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
I hear ya' talking jnjplus6 however, I have an soon to be ex(which btw can't happen soon enough) that just can't quit running her mouth. Everything is always negative or never right. I ripped for having her King Ranch Chicken recipe. How juvenile. Dang just look it up on the net but she has to make a production out of it. Called all sorts of names on the phone and I could my kids in the background. She is so bitter she wouldn't even make good crabbait. We might need to have gathering for all us single dads who still care our kids. Do some strategy exchange.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts