2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK - I am going to preface this with saying that I have been known to go on a rant when off my meds, so, here goes.

WHERE THE HELL IS OUR TELETHON?!?!?!?

New York, 9/11 - Telethon, Movies, etc., Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton - Check
California - Wildfires - movie actors - Telethon - Check
Katrina - New Orleans - every famous person with even a remote connection to the city - Telethon - Check

Rita - hits predominately Texas - uhh - nothing
Katrina - Mississippi - Squat
Ike - 50+ MILES of houses GONE and thousands of displaced familes and still to be determined deaths (probably in the thousands) - Uh, nada.

Anybody see a color trend here?
New York, California, Louisiana - Blue States
Texas, Mississippi - Red States

I have to stop now before I explode into a rage.
I'll kill the jerghoff that took my Tylenol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was watching CNN from Denver - it was non-stop Hurricane coverage, right up until the second Palin said or did something the Liberals could leverage, then *SNAP*, no more Hurricane coverage.
 

·
good looking single member
Joined
·
6,603 Posts
Green to ya good answer, all of us know why not even the Texas celebs have said anything. I did not see a group of Texans hanging out yelling WE NEED HELP! When the storm cleared the chainsaws fired up here, along with my Honda eu2000i tandem.

Unbound said:
The celebs and media can't pull off being saviors if nobody wants to play the victim.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw where good ol' Sheila Jackson Lee can only come up with the argument that people were getting hurt because there were not any ebonic named storms, so they could not make out that they were in danger.

Where are the Baldwins,where is Jesse and Al? Where are all the bleeding hearts?

I'll tell you where they are - sitting at home - smiling - secretly happy this happened here - we are home base for the Bush's, and thus guilty for his transgressions by association - couldn't have happened to a beter place for the liberals.

Hypocritcal pieces of ****.

I have a mug that has a quote from Davey Crockett that says "I'm going to Texas, and you may all go to hell"

Think I'll have one made now that says, "I don't need your fake sympathy, I am from Texas, and you may all go **** yourselves"
 
  • Like
Reactions: Belinda

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,164 Posts
Federal funding is there. Red Cross spending dollars to assist. Farm Aid is helping out.

We are much better off if the suffering is not sensationalized. Helping each other out "locally" is the key. We need to be careful what we ask for from the "others".
 

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
Joined
·
26,168 Posts
im proud to live in a state where most the people are getting after their property cleanup when they can instead of sitting around whinning, i will go back to galveston when im able and do what i can to make a better place and take 20 shots for disease to go if i have to and i hope some of the lowlife that was bussed out misses the bus back(lol) and let texas succeed from the union, amen
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,705 Posts
En Fuego said:
I'll tell you where they are - sitting at home - smiling - secretly happy this happened here -
thats a mighty big assumption
 

·
Done Wit Dat
Joined
·
7,538 Posts
One little correction: La. is NOT a blue state.

I roundly agree with the fact that the people of most of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana (aside from certain sections of New Orleans) are not going to whine and complain and allow themselves to be seen as victims, even when the reality of it is, they are. People who lost homes, businesses, loved ones . . . . they ARE victims. A lot of people need help. Most are too proud to ask for it. What we seem to have forgotten is that the best help doesn't always come from outside, it most often comes from your neighbors, family, and friends. The government does what it can, but its up to us to be the first responders for each other.

As far as a telethon, I'm sure it'll come. It's really too early to say, "What about us?" The reality is that most of our local governments here were pretty well prepared and they've responded as well as can be expected. We're getting help from all over the US to get our electricity, water and other modern necessities taken care of. It seems that the feds are doing things more efficiently than they ever have (which isn't really saying much, but improvement is always appreciated).

I'm going to go back and congratulate the people of the Texas and La. coasts that were affected by Ike and Gustav. I've seen so many inspiring actions on tv, on the net, and personally. Neighbors helping neighbors. Volunteers driving across the country to help cut fallen trees. 2coolers lending or giving each other generators, A/Cs, gas, muscle, food, beds, hot meals, etc.

As much as nature has thrown at us, the good of the people is shining through. I've always been an incurable optimist and a lot of what I've seen has been an affirmation of the amazing grace humanity is capable of exhibiting.

As much as many of us here have to complain about, I don't think we can complain much about each other. I think we'll all come through this stronger and proud that we made it without calling, "UNCLE!". I'm more proud to call Texas my adopted home now than I ever have been.

For everyone here that has lifted so much as a finger to help someone in all of this, I salute you. Lets keep it up and someday soon we'll say we made it out of this together. - Sandy
 

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
Joined
·
26,168 Posts
if people really think about it its only been 7 days since ike, ive already seen a lot done as it takes time to get sorta a boss in charge of how to get things done and i would hope that some people that wernt hit so hard themselves would make this into a positive to do what they can for fellow towns people whichever town they are in and this world will be jus a little better for all!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,809 Posts
coachlaw said:
One little correction: La. is NOT a blue state.

I roundly agree with the fact that the people of most of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana (aside from certain sections of New Orleans) are not going to whine and complain and allow themselves to be seen as victims, even when the reality of it is, they are. People who lost homes, businesses, loved ones . . . . they ARE victims. A lot of people need help. Most are too proud to ask for it. What we seem to have forgotten is that the best help doesn't always come from outside, it most often comes from your neighbors, family, and friends. The government does what it can, but its up to us to be the first responders for each other.

As far as a telethon, I'm sure it'll come. It's really too early to say, "What about us?" The reality is that most of our local governments here were pretty well prepared and they've responded as well as can be expected. We're getting help from all over the US to get our electricity, water and other modern necessities taken care of. It seems that the feds are doing things more efficiently than they ever have (which isn't really saying much, but improvement is always appreciated).

I'm going to go back and congratulate the people of the Texas and La. coasts that were affected by Ike and Gustav. I've seen so many inspiring actions on tv, on the net, and personally. Neighbors helping neighbors. Volunteers driving across the country to help cut fallen trees. 2coolers lending or giving each other generators, A/Cs, gas, muscle, food, beds, hot meals, etc.

As much as nature has thrown at us, the good of the people is shining through. I've always been an incurable optimist and a lot of what I've seen has been an affirmation of the amazing grace humanity is capable of exhibiting.

As much as many of us here have to complain about, I don't think we can complain much about each other. I think we'll all come through this stronger and proud that we made it without calling, "UNCLE!". I'm more proud to call Texas my adopted home now than I ever have been.

For everyone here that has lifted so much as a finger to help someone in all of this, I salute you. Lets keep it up and someday soon we'll say we made it out of this together. - Sandy
What a GREAT POST!!!!!!!!

I think this goes with it....


MB
 

·
....
Joined
·
11,766 Posts
coachlaw said:
One little correction: La. is NOT a blue state.

I roundly agree with the fact that the people of most of Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana (aside from certain sections of New Orleans) are not going to whine and complain and allow themselves to be seen as victims, even when the reality of it is, they are. People who lost homes, businesses, loved ones . . . . they ARE victims. A lot of people need help. Most are too proud to ask for it. What we seem to have forgotten is that the best help doesn't always come from outside, it most often comes from your neighbors, family, and friends. The government does what it can, but its up to us to be the first responders for each other.

As far as a telethon, I'm sure it'll come. It's really too early to say, "What about us?" The reality is that most of our local governments here were pretty well prepared and they've responded as well as can be expected. We're getting help from all over the US to get our electricity, water and other modern necessities taken care of. It seems that the feds are doing things more efficiently than they ever have (which isn't really saying much, but improvement is always appreciated).

I'm going to go back and congratulate the people of the Texas and La. coasts that were affected by Ike and Gustav. I've seen so many inspiring actions on tv, on the net, and personally. Neighbors helping neighbors. Volunteers driving across the country to help cut fallen trees. 2coolers lending or giving each other generators, A/Cs, gas, muscle, food, beds, hot meals, etc.

As much as nature has thrown at us, the good of the people is shining through. I've always been an incurable optimist and a lot of what I've seen has been an affirmation of the amazing grace humanity is capable of exhibiting.

As much as many of us here have to complain about, I don't think we can complain much about each other. I think we'll all come through this stronger and proud that we made it without calling, "UNCLE!". I'm more proud to call Texas my adopted home now than I ever have been.

For everyone here that has lifted so much as a finger to help someone in all of this, I salute you. Lets keep it up and someday soon we'll say we made it out of this together. - Sandy
Great post Sandy. Now can you do something about the skeeters. They are out in full force today. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,118 Posts
mastercylinder said:
well, it'd better be, dammit. i have a payment due on my escalade.
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mastercylinder again.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,211 Posts
mastercylinder said:
well, it'd better be, dammit. i have a payment due on my escalade.
Bruce that old Chevy truck isn't a Escalade. Its better.:)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
23,853 Posts
I was thinking that we had it covered. Texas is unique in a lot of ways. Hell, the entire US economy dam near collapsed on Monday and I didn't even know about it. No wonder my check card quit working. Of course, the power being off might have contributed to either or both events. We will be all fine. We just need some time and to get the DC blowhards back in DC. That way, their breath don't stink up the place so much. Your mileage may vary.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top