2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Saturday was a first for Team Stringer to take the Kenner out past the end of the Galveston Jetties. On board were Full Stringer and my buddy and co-worker, Mike Dawkins. On this trip, Mike acted as first mate/teacher because this offshore stuff is still new to me. Thanks again Mike for sharing your experience and expertise.

We did the buddy boat thing with Fishnut and his buddies. Boy, it sure turned out to be a pretty day on the big pond. Even though we only made it out 15 - 20 miles, we still managed plenty of action and a fishbox that took a while to clean! :)

Oh, did I mention it was hot! Wooo-weee!

We wound up with three limits of Kings to 44 inches, 1 Spanish Mackeral and 1 Chicken Dolphin.

Here's a few pics from Saturday 7-31-04:
1) Our Catch
2) Our Buddy boat (Outta Pocket)
3) Full Stringer fighting one of her Kings
4) MT-his-bad-self completing his limit (Thanks Mike for the help with the gaff) Thanks for the pic, Matt.

Attachments

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
It was a great trip MT, anytime

Not bad for two Rookie Boats to land full limits of fish either. Our final catch was 6 kings kept, with I think 6 or 7 C&R. We also had 4 nice sized Spanish Macks and surprisingly only one C&R Shark.

Here are some of my pics.
IceChest
Me Fish on
The result
Dave Fish on
The result
Rowdy's Fish (Not sure what happen to the Action Shot)

Untill next time, :biggrin:

FN

Attachments

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
Oh and like you said it was a Hot one out there, but

if you had one of these Fine ******* T-Tops it would have helped.

I figure I better fess up before someone else post it. :rotfl:

Attachments

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We were jealous!

It was mucho hot. Looks like a bimini is in the future for our boat. I've been fighting it, but after Saturday, I'm gonna have to give in and get one.

Here is your double hookup in grand style! :)
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Get One Tomorrow!

Jack, the bimini is the about best accessory I've added to my boat. If you are gonna summer fish, get ya one and you'll be surprised how much shade will drop the temp. You won't regret it one bit.

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
looks like a really fun trip guys and gal! it doesnt look rough at all. glad yall made it out there. and matt, i LOVE your umbrella! dont be too surprised if you see me out in my little boat with one of those :wink:

trudy

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Too funny with the umbrella! I was just thinking about that yesterday. I am taking a girl from work out on Wed. and want her to be comfortable and was thinking about doing that exact thing. I've seen it once before and I was REAL jealous that day.

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
WTG Folks!! MT, Glad you got a chance to get out there and have some fun. Matt, glad you got out this weekend also. Thanks for sharing the experience.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Looks like a great initiation trip, guys, and lots of fun ... nice work on the fish.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a guy out of florida that makes an inexpensive folding or collapsable TTop called a "BimiTee". Attaches to the console sides. I've looked at them only because I don't like the height under my Key West's bimini and fighting fish around the side straps and even my 6'6" rods won't go in the console rod holders so all the rods wind up in the floor. I used to see the ad's when I took Florida Sportsman or Sport Fishing magazines ... and the price was amazingly close to a bimini... but yes any kind of shade is a blessing when it is slicked off.
Great pictures!
Ron

·
Old yellow member
2,273 Posts
There's a guy here in Spring TX that makes some

nice ones also. Hey Mike maybe we can work a deal on Two, I know one is 400.00 but that 11.00 umbrella works for now.

FN

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And maybe get a discount to model it for the crowd at Hannah's! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts