2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the tourney this weekend and placed 4 overall with a 51lb king. On the boat this weekend was Glen Cook, Bill Couch and myself. Prefished hard on Wednesday and Friday, caught some nice kings but nothing giant. Left the dock on Saturday at about 5am and caught kings all day in the 20-30 range. I landed a humpback kingfish that looked like it was in the 40's but turned out to weigh 36# back at the scales to finish up Saturday. Left the dock on Sunday at 3am and was on the spot a little after 6am. Seas were great and we were immediately on the fish. We caught 24 kings with a giant 51# king caught by Glen Cook. Overall it was a great tournament with the top 4 spots having fish in the 50lb range. I think you had to have a 44lb or better to get into the top 10. Every team out there seems to be getting better as the numbers just keep going up. Used to be that a 50lb fish was the top of the tourney board this weekend there were 4. Simply fantastic fishing conditions and with some monster fish being caught and a 66 boat tournout.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Freeport SKA

Congrads of your big king. Well done. Team "Whos your Daddy" ended up 3rd in the 23 and under with a 37.7. See you in Aransas Pass.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Nice fish, Big Bite. 55.2 Texas Sportfishing, 54.8 Hard Knocks, 53.? Texas Contender, 51 Big Bite. I don't think my record is going to last another year. Just hope I'm the one to break it. See y'all in Aransas Pass.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am desparately looking for that 60 out there. :D I think one of us will get it soon at the rate we are going.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
wtg captain cook and crew. that's 4 nice kingfish in one tourney out of freeport. those east coast boys are going to start fishng our waters....rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts