2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
the dike is not actually gone. it is very damaged, but it is not gone. if you just saw a report on channel 13 reporting that it was gone, that report was done when the water was still over the dike road and rocks.

i was out there this morning and the water has returned to normal levels, and the dike is still there. however, it will be a long, long time before it is usable again.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wonder why they waited so long to show it?
MC, i believe you are 100% correct, now that i look at the video again, i see the rocks.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
gregr1971 said:
i wonder why they waited so long to show it?
MC, i believe you are 100% correct, now that i look at the video again, i see the rocks.
i don't know when that report was done or why they waited so long to air it, greg, but the dike is still there. all structures that were standing are definately gone, though. they have the dike barricaded at the top of the levee so you can't get down there, but anita's is gone, curl's is gone, and the gazebo on the right where we've had a few 2cool gatherings is also completely gone. only the foundation or a few of the pilings remain.

i will go out and get a few photos tomorrow and post up.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow!, better be careful next time some one goes for a wade, nails, hooks, glass etc, all over the sea floor!

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
sandollr said:
"i will go out and get a few photos tomorrow and post up."

Would you, please?
yes, i will. i'll even see if i can walk down there a little ways without getting arrested. :smile: i don't recall seeing any "no trespassing" signs this morning, just the concrete barricades blocking cars entering.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
"i'll even see if i can walk down there a little ways without getting arrested."

That's gonna be a chore. But it will be appreciated.

·
Banned
2,395 Posts
gregr1971 said:
wow!, better be careful next time some one goes for a wade, nails, hooks, glass etc, all over the sea floor!
Definitely not going to wade for a long while.... Sorry Coastal bend guys... we are going to be fishing down your way for a while! :)

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
I saw that on channel 13 last night too and was totally blown away that I hadn't heard about it before. Hoping just high water covering the rocks.

Did Boyd's survive since it was on the very front end of the dike?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
XtremeAngler said:
At least there will be a new road. The old one had so many potholes it was ridiculous
yeah right! no way will they rebuild that road, just going to add more asphalt to bigger holes

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Bubbaette said:
Did Boyd's survive since it was on the very front end of the dike?
all of the structures on the west side of the levee survived. shorty's is pretty badly damaged, but boyd's looks like it hardly suffered a scratch. the snow cone stand and the little bait camp closest to bay street survived, too, as did anchor park.

no building structures on the east side of the levee survived, though. they are all gone.

i have been clearing and cutting tree limbs and hauling off rubbish all day, but i took a few photos of the dike early this morning. i will try to post some photos tonight, but i'm not on my own puter. i still don't have power at my house.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts