2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to the TC Dike? Can you even drive on it? I have not heard or read anything about it. Hope the bait camps survived. I guess the ramp toward the end of the dike is full of silt again.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The dike is there. The camps and the road are gone. The repairs on the road will be low priority. There is a thread here with photos, so try a search on "TCD".

Most of the places on the leeward side of the dike levee survived.

·
Registered
881 Posts
TCD

They said on the radio this morning that the dike and structures are NOT gonna be repaired and will be closed indefinitley.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
WOW! That is crazy!

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
they will repair the dike in time, but it has been deemed low priority. the bait camps and the piers will be the responsibility of the owners, not the city of texas city or galveston county.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
MEGABITE said:
Where are the barricades, MC? Can people get to Boyd's and Shorty's if they open?
the barricades are at the top of the levee, mb. you can't go past there, and skyline drive is still closed, too, at both ends.

you can get to boyd's and shorty's, but they were both still closed as of yesterday when i drove out there.

boyd's looks okay, but shorty's was pretty badly damaged. yesterday, there were some workers at shorty's hauling off debris and sheet metal that had peeled off of the roof.

since shorty's is just a beer joint, but a popular one, i'm sure they'll try to open up as soon as they can. since boyd's is a fish store and bait camp heavily dependant on dike traffic, i'm not so sure about them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts