2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son shot a hog last year and we took it to Los Venados Taxidermy in Mission, Texas. They went out of business during the summer and sold their clients stuff to Rio Grande Taxidermy, in Rio Grande City, Texas. I spoke with the taxidermist, Johnny Garza once and he said the mount would be completed in two weeks that was 4 months ago. Now he will not return my calls. I'm about to go hunting for a taxidermist!:hairout:

·
Banned
8,277 Posts
It is a common thing, E.C. Taxidermy out of Richwood/Clute is about the same, Eric I gave you 3 years--under the bus you go. Eric Crainer works for Team Industrial, he does or did good work, I cannot understand why this Taxidermy field brings out the worst in once good people. I am awaiting the responses, especially Eric's. rs

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I brought some anthers (150+ class) that was killed in Mexico by friends grandfather in the 1950's to have them mounted by a taxidermist form Richmond that I had befriend for a couple of years. We went fishing together, he took me hunting to his lease, I took him to south Texas to my friend ranch were he killed deer,invited him to hunt my land in Mexico. He did a couple of mounts for my S. Texas friends, did a euro mount on a good deer i kill in Old Mex.

I was trying to be a good friend and help him bring in some business cus the guy was hurting for money during his slow time. I payed him in advance so he could get rent payed that was late. This taxidermist has been working on that deer for almost tree years and says he's got it ready, but never get a call so I can pick them up.

I go to his apartment and say he has them in the shop where he works . I call him where he works and say he has them a his apartment and his wife is not home. I tell him to call me when he gets home and never receive a call.

Bad thing about is that I never requested a receipt, and don't know if anything can be done. I trusted this guy because I value friendships and consider myself a man that has a word of honor and sill believe that there others out there. I understand why he huts for money all the time. The Lord is watching above...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Usually people start looking for the best deal, it always ends up screwed up. Go to a well established taxidermists and you have no more problems...............

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
I lost my boar mount, just over 400lb boar. I know I will never take one that big again. South Plains Taxidermy in Lubbock went out of business and stole every one's mounts, including a few guys African mounts. Found out he joined the police dept. and thus became untouchable. What a POS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts