2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there is a tarpon board but there is not much talk about what is being caught on that board--so i was woundering what is happening off galveston crystal beach area--any one havin any luck tarpon fishing--or is any one fishin for them lately--i am dieing to know--i wanna catch or just hook one so bad--i made 4 trips to the coast last year to target tarpon but no luck--ill be down for a weekin late august so maybe ill have some dumb luck:dance:

·
COME AND TAKE IT
11,379 Posts
PM me when the date gets closer, I usually know where a few are. Have a tarpon Tournament coming up Aug 4th weekend. Most people are very tight lip about tarpon right now, but that is the case 99% of the time anyway.

·
Man is free when Gov't is limited.
641 Posts
Capt. Mike Williams was on the Capt. Wayne's show this morning and he said that he's been hammering them. I think I heard off the jetties but I'm not sure. I came on mid-interview. I believe his website is www.galvestonfishingguides.com . I hear he's awesome. You might want to try him out.

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
I got three jumps out of a 3-footer at the end of a long to cast to the back of the third bar on Follett's Tuesday AM on a 52M Texas chicken. Nice rush, and I got my lure back. Been a while.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hooked one 2 weeks ago at the offshore rig just east of the north jetty on my trout rod as I was trying to catch more shark bait for my grandson. It was huge! Emptied out my curado in about 10 seconds, made her second jump clear out of the water and was gone! Had to repair the drag washers, Any way, they are around right now. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I took my son and wife fishing off Port Isabel the Saturday before ICAST. We were catching a bunch of sandtrout just off of Dolphin Cove. I'm reeling in one sandie when my line starts picking up speed to the surface. This tarpon with a mounth the size of a 12" kettle comes up just by the boat. Sucker was so big, he couldn't jump. He just stuck his head out and flung a very, very freaked out sandtrut and a 2 ounce sinker at me.

I know it's further south than you were asking about, but the tarpon are thick down here right now.

Cg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts