2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Galveston leg of the tournament is this weekend. Again, I'm almost afraid to say this because it might jinxs the whole dang thing but the weather forecast is looking incredible so far. I'm still keeping the weather in my prayers, that's for sure.

Everything kicks off on Friday afternoon - starting with registration at 5:00 p.m. at tournament HQ at Harborwalk (www.harborwalk.cc) in Hitchcock. Registration is from 5:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Dr. Jerry Ault will give a presentation at the Harborwalk Yacht Club at 7:30 p.m. to discuss his past research, including the fish tagged in Texas last year. This is open to anyone of interest, not just competitors. If you are not competing and wish to come, please email [email protected]

The rest of the information on the tournament is all on the tournament website at www.tarpontomorrowproam.com

We have approximately a dozen tarpon boats early registered this year for the pro and amateur divisions. This is twice the early registrations we had last year. Last year we had almost 30 boats compete in the tarpon divisions. We should have at least that many by the time tournament starts this year.

We also have about a half dozen brave kayakers registered so far.

Should be a great turnout. We are also planning on having a fish tank with young of the year tarpon in it that were caught in the Galveston area.

See ya there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts