2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos planning on making this tournament.(offshore div)

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Tarpon Tomorrow Pro-Am

Hope you offshore guys will make it. Hope the weather is good. Be sure and check the website for all updated rules and information. Just click here: Tarpon Tomorrow Pro-Am

I hope you guys will show up in similar numbers as you did for the past Texas Tarpon Pro-Am. Since Jim Leavelle decided not to hold his tournament this year, we've decided to try and carry on the tradition. The offshore division was in integral part of that and we thought it was important to keep it. We added a youth division in the offshore side as well this year and modified the format to hopefully make it more interesting for some folks.

But again, be sure and check the rules etc. so you know what's planned. The rules link for Offshore Division is here and with only a few changes are similar to the Texas Tarpon Pro-Am: Offshore Division Rules

The Laguna Harbor marina is a nice facility and plenty deep for you offshore guys. The BBQ should be good and we've got contributions for the raffle on Saturday from Fishing Tackle Unlimited, Marburger's and Boater's World.. to name a few.

Other sponsors include TechSun Trailers, Longhorn Dental - Dr. Ken Ellis, Budweiser Select, Bellville Meat Market and others...

If you have any questions, be sure and e-mail us at - [email protected]

·
Registered
495 Posts
I noticed that the IGFA rules apply in this tournament. If this is the case, then no more than 2 single hooks (no trebles) can be used. This would eliminate most of the standard methods of catching kingfish. Is there a chance of modifying this?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
In the offshore division, we only have a handful of preregistrations at this stage (but the early cut-off discount entry fee was early, July 7th) so that's not unexpected. I have verbal commitments from a few more. I think most of you offshore guys wait to the last minute anyway to see what the weather will do. I would reasonably anticipate in excess of 20 boats in the offshore division for sure. You can register up to the last minute. I'm going to work with you offshore guys to do everything I can to ensure that the prize money stays up there. Right now, I'm reviewing financing but it appears that if at least 25 boats make it to the offshore division, the prize money will stay up where it is. I'll know for sure in the next couple days. You can thank all the extra tarpon guys who have entered and the sponsors for that.

Obviously, the more you guys can help and talk this thing up among yourselves, the better it will be for all you offshore guys.

When we originally decided to hold this tournament and sort of take it over from Jim Leavelle we were going to not have an offshore division, but with Glen and others' specific request, we decided to keep the offshore format and add a youth offshore division too. This is going to be a good event at a great location. The more you guys can talk this up among yourselves, the better it will be.

Thanks for all the 2Cooler support along the way!

·
Registered
495 Posts
You can count me in. I don't know if I'll be fishing on my boat or joining up with a friend. Either way we'll be there.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Just a Reminder

There is a youth division in offshore too. So, take a kid fishing. Any kid 16 years old and under is a youth. Fish caught by youth anglers can count toward money for the boat if they win and the kids get trophies for the biggest ling, kingfish and snapper.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Scott,

I like the setup with the 25.5 hour and depart from any port. I do have a suggestion that may help get more offshore boats. If you allow an offshore boat to win more that one prize it makes our chance of making money or at least a chance to break even possible. I am not trying to be rude just trying to help.

Chad

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Don't worry. You're not being rude. This offshore deal is for you offshore guys. So the more yall make suggestions the better. I'm not "married" to anything in particular. I'd like to hear from some more of yall that want to do the tournament on what you think of this prize money issue. The original Tx Tarpon Pro-Am had this rule so I figured there was a reason for it. What is yalls take on this? Let me know and I may be willing to make this change. thanks.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
make the change to multi pot payout.

I would like to see the change in format, make it a multi pot payout to whoever catches the biggest fish period.

If a boat runs out to deep water in hopes of winning the Tuna Division and infact does win the $3000.00 pot they are probably just barely gonna break even after all expenses are paid. if they feel like they can come inshore and catch a winning kingfish as well they will probably be more inclined to fish this tournament.

I know of a couple boats that will probably fish it - if you make the changes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts