2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going down to South Padre this weekend to get away. I remember the last time I was down there I saw tarpon rolling. Does anyone know if tarpon are abundant down there? Or where to at least try to fish for them? The day I saw them they were in the intercoastal around the bridge. If any one knows anything let me know so I'm not wasting my time targeting tarpon.

Thanks
Rob

·
23' Sea Ox/200 hpdi
3,118 Posts
There are tarpon at the jetties. I've never heard about tarpon at the causeway. I don't know about your odds of catching them, but mine have not been good. Are you taking your boat? If you're chartering, try Todd Lowry or Randy Rodgers.

·
Live Free Or Die
733 Posts
I go to SPI every sept. for trout and dove hunting but if the beach is flat and green, I usually chase the tarpon. I usually drive the beach up to the port mansfield jetties just looking for them rolling or feeding. Three years ago I caught up with a monster pod feeding in the first gut and had the time of my life. This was about 5 miles south from the Mansfield jetties. Good luck in your search for silver!

Reactions: GinMan
1 - 7 of 7 Posts