2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The only way is all the way
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to remove tar from a vehicle? My wife took an exit off the freeway that was covered with tar and got it all her car. Is there anyhting besides elbow greese that can get this stuff off easily?

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,533 Posts
Tar and Bug remover from Mequires, or other reputable brand.
Or, you may try a clay bar that comes in a kit. Keep it lubed, it'll get all kinds of surface debris off the paint. Mequires makes this as does Turtle Wax, etc.

Good luck with it.

Kelly

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Dont get it on the plastic parts if you use things like Stoners "Tarminatior" or tar removal stuff, it can mess it up bad. Trust me I, do auto detaling. First try a clay bar. They provide you with a "lube" when you buy the bar. If you run out just put auto wash and water in a spray bottle it works the same.

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
WD 40. Then follow with a wash with DAWN dish soap to remove the WD 40 residue, then WAX. It's not easy, but it works better than just about any other product out there and won't harm the paint.

·
All work n no play
2,384 Posts
D-limonene

D-limonene-- I am not sure about the plastic parts, buyt go to the auto parts sotre and get something with orange oil or d-limonene in it. Diesel works well.
When we clean this stuff at work we use a mix of the 2.

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Varsol works too.. We have a conveyor car wash/detail center and we use varsol. Then wax over it. All the above mentioned will work. Basically you are using a petro solvents to remove the same. Gasoline, K-!, WD-40, Varsol, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Believe it ,or not, 'OFF' works so well I quit using it on my skin. Think about it though--when you're sweating heavily, and you spray down with ' OFF ' it does burn like fire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts