2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fishing buddy and I are taking a trip to POC next weekend and I was woundering if anyone could turn me onto any good spots. I've never been fishing in that area before and look to do alittle fishing out of the boat but looking for some good wading spot for trouts and reds. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
If you can get to the surf off matagorda island you will find a great trout bite on at dawn and late evening.
There are so many areas at Port O going from there would be old news and likely poor info.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
talked with a friend he said there were tons of spots along with a ton of boats. Said watch out while wading crazy people down that way.

·
Smokin' a GULP!
911 Posts
yup

Yeah, I used to go down to POC when I was younger with a buddy of mine. He is escaping from his unfortunate job placement in Colorado to come fishing with me down there. We will be in POC from Sunday till Tuesday. Hopefully we wont have to many troubles with the water traffic everyone keeps talkin bout. We will probably try out at the mouth of the jetties, then head for the cut and try the surf. Really depends on the water conditions. We were going to take a deeper draft boat, but we are going to end up in a shallow little scooter. Hope its nice and flat while we are there, but yall know how that goes.

·
Big Al
32 Posts
there is a tremendous amount of fresh water in POC and surrounding areas, not to discourage you. Your best bet is the surf provided the wind and Thunderstorms are weak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts