2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My girlfriend has been bugging me to take her surf fishing for the past couple weeks. I am wanting to just throw some lines out there with some cut bait and sit on the beach and have a few beers. Question is this.....where is the best place to go to get some steady action in or around Galveston/Crystal beach?? I don't really care what we catch, she just wants to fish. (pretty cool huh?) I have some pretty heavy gear so the size of whatever we catch won't really be an issue. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

T

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Go all the way dwon Crystal beach toward GALVESTON...You will come to some Pylons in the sand that are intended to not be driven across...

You are there..

·
Banned
214 Posts
You should REALLY try for the specs that have been in the surf this week. LOTS !!!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
scuppersancho said:
if i take the ferry from G to CB how long do i drive before i see the pylons?
Coming from Galveston you can take the last road to the right before you get to the new school (on the right and on piles) the road is Boyt road (about five to ten minutes from the ferry), when you hit the beach turn right and you have a good stretch of beach before you get to the posts.

Tony

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sounds like it is going to be a lot of trouble for you. Tell you what, since I am a nice guy, I am willing to help you out by taking her fishing for you. I'll pick her up at your place at say, 6:15 am Saturday morning. Let me know.

·
Banned
144 Posts
Turn on Rettilon. its the road that is at the S curve about 4 or 5 miles off the ferry.... go to the beach then hit the pylons

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yeah, i take my wife every now and then . i actually built her a new trout rod for mothers day. then i took it with me yesterday.........................................................and hung into a 40 jack that was the end of her new medium light trout stick! needless to say she wants me to wrap her a new one that she swears she'll never let me use.

·
non-politically correct
7,301 Posts
That's cool that your girl wants to fish with you. Now the problem begins when ya don't take her fishing. We have guys weekend fish this weekend and the wifes not taking this well, oops!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, I got her hooked last weekend. My company chrtered a boat to do some bay fishing and I brought her along. She loved it and has been buggin me to go back. Thank for all the replies guys. Hopefully I'll have some good stringer pics tomorrow evening.

T

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Report-

Went out to the jetties in surfside to meet a buddy of mine. Nites were on every cast but the fish were way to small to keep. The majority of the catch was pinfish and whiting. Not too bad for the action but I wanted more.

We then left there to go to the surf off of access rd 4. Again, plenty of action from the sand trout and whiting but no real keepers. I did hook into a fairly large chark that cut my line after a 10 second run. All fish were caught on dead shrimp (I know, I know) Plastic lures weren't working well at all in the afternoon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mastercylinder said:
"buddy of mine?" what happened to the girlfriend?
She went with me. A buddy of mine was at the jetties fishing and we met him there for a couple of hours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts