2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I am haunted by still waters.
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a much needed break yesterday and went to Sam Rayburn for a change of pace.
My oldest (Kaitlyn) in the pictures has not been fishing with me like this. I sold my last boat when she was a 1 year old.
The boat has not been out in over 6 weeks and I have not been giving the kids enough time since they started break due to the home construction.

Kaitlyn hung in there all day (we left the house at 3:45am). She did excellent casting and I was very proud of her.
We started out fishing at 6:00am and then swam, fished, swam, fished and swam. We would have fished until dark, but the afternoon thunderstorms popped up and the lightning cut us short. We still managed 12 hours on the water which is a pretty full day.
I used to do those "fishathons" from sun up to sun down with my dad and brother when we were growing up. The evening topwater bite is usually pretty good in the summer. We will have to try it next time.

Kaitlyn didn't even make it out of Mill Creek park before she was knocked out.

Quotes of the day:

Kaitlyn: "Daddy, what time is it."
Me: "Noon, kiddo."
Kaitlyn: "Well, it's lunch time and these fish should be hungry."

another:
Kaitlyn: "Daddy, I am really having fun today. Thanks for taking me fishing."

In my book, doesn't get any better than that. Life's memories. Hope she holds on to yesterday as long as I do.

GCB

Attachments

·
I can't see the Rockies from here !!
4,267 Posts
Wow what a great day. Thank's for photo's. It just does not
get ANY better than fishing and hunting with your kids. Well
done dad !! Later Baker

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Was there a third person, or does your camera work on a timer?

Awesome trip. Your doing a great job bringing her up right.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Way to go General CoolBro, Nothing like being on the water with the kids.

FishBone

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
It don't get no better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
All I can say is "Hell Yea" what a way to spend a day. I got my youngest stepson into fishing, and some of my best memories are of me and him down at Lake Palistine nailing the heck out of catfish.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Great recap Bro! Looked like a great trip and a much needed break. I am sure it is a day she won't forget. She is probably dreamin' about reeling in a monster there in that last pic.

Those trips with you and Dad are some of my best memories growing up.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
great day!! tell her you want a pic of her telling the story and showing how big her fish was. i love to see mine tell fish stories and then spread her arms wide to show how big her catch was. i don't know who tells fish stories better, kids or old salts....

·
I am haunted by still waters.
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments.

warcat: camera was on a timer

boat-money: I will hit her up for the stories just to see. Good idea.

I do know she was all about throwing the EXACT same bait as I was. Well, I always carry way more rods than I need. Different bait on each one and I would just pick another rod up to change. She would want to change, which I did it for her, on her only rod, a bunch. She would hang right over my shoulder and watch every move. It was cool to see her interest.

Note to self: buy more Zebco 202's and 404's.:D

GCB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts