2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is your tackle box/bag sorted? Who has the best method? What seems to be your favorite tackle box/bag? Im in the middle of sorting my tackle and can see many methods to do so. What have you done to arrange it in an effective way?

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I used to carry "the pig" a soft side bag with every lure I own. That sucker weighed 50#s I bet. I've evolved into a Browning "Dr. bag". It holds two or three boxes. Soft plastics in one side pouch; jigs, terminal tackle, sunscreen etc. in the other side pocket.
Let's face it we throw the same stuff mostly anyway and all that's in my wade box.

·
Excel, it's easy to be average
2,153 Posts
I wade fish. So, I sort my lure carry boxes by water column depth - top, mid, and bottom. I pick the lure color/brands/types I want for the water clarity and wind conditions that I will encounter that day. If my choices were wrong, I change at the first trip back to the boat.

Charles

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I carry three bags on my boat, all have the flat boxes with dividers. One bag has jigheads and soft plastics, one has topwaters and hard plastics, and the third has hooks, sinkers, leaders, and corks for those rare occasiones when I use live bait. I don't use live bait much unless I just have to.
PFD

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
here's a picture from the website of the bag I use now. The top opens and will stay open. It holds three standard plastic boxes.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts