2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im tired of zippers that corrode and or brake. Anybody seen a good bag without? Id be nice to be waterproof around the bottom also. Im lookin for something fairly small. Seems like theres gotta be a good velcro/plastic snap type deal that would work....:confused:

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
What I don't understand, is why they make fishing gear with plastic zippers but the pull out of pot metal? Why not make ABS plastic pulls too?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Tackle Bag with out zippers

Im tired of zippers that corrode and or brake. Anybody seen a good bag without? Id be nice to be waterproof around the bottom also. Im lookin for something fairly small. Seems like theres gotta be a good velcro/plastic snap type deal that would work....:confused:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t.../search-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Take a look at this bag. I have an older version that can hold four 3700 plano boxes and it works okay but you just do not have any packable storage for much else other than plugs and plastics.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
ZIPPERS

Apply Vaseline to zippers every 2-3 months that are exposed to salt air and water. also use on metal snaps like on canvas tops on boats. zippers on wading boots, waders, tackle bags ect.............. also a spray of corrosion X on the pulls helps alot
WORKS MIRACLES!

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Apply Vaseline to zippers every 2-3 months that are exposed to salt air and water. also use on metal snaps like on canvas tops on boats. zippers on wading boots, waders, tackle bags ect.............. also a spray of corrosion X on the pulls helps alot
WORKS MIRACLES!
I fish almost every day, and corrosionX and vaseline may help, but in my experience, no matter what you use stuff oxidizes and deteriorates.

If a product is for saltwater it should be plastic, brass, bronze, or stainless.
Simms is a perfect example, you pay top dollar and they put cheap zipper pulls on all their gear.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I totally agree Kenny

I use the large 'worm bags' with zip-locks inside to hold pre-rigged leaders for offshore fishing. I'm replacing them every year due to corroded zippers. If you forget to hit it with corrosion X just once, and the next time you go fishing, you're ripping open the bag with a knife. I've started putting the ziplocks into a tupperware bin the size of a large shoebox now. No more zippers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts