2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I have always thought the name suited the tourny pretty well. I fished during the tournament last year and liked the views around me.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I plan on fishing it next yr. hopefully.Our boat just doesn't have over 65 mile distance to get to the big boys. If all works out for us this yr. I am excited about it I met with a couple of women and they are all super nice .. I just wish it were alittle cheaper.
I did some searching and to me I am not a pro at this but, some of these tournaments are so expensive for the little guy to enter.I cannot wait to fish with a bunch of women .Let;s face it we certainly fish different than ya'll do :) But, we catch FISH ;)
Lynn

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lynn, trust me you would have a ball. And it does get a little pricy after the pot contributions for sure. My wife is an offshore freak so we treat it like a mini vacation, because thats about what is cost.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
How about some info. where... cost.... and don't tell my wife cuz she will want to fish it...
Honey I got a surprise for you....ANOTHER FISHING TOURNY FOR YOU.....yea that will go over like a lead weight

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here is the link to TWAT..I love that name hahahaha..
http://www.gofishtx.com
I love fishing offshore too I figure if nothing else take stock in Dramamine, Rob a bank..
Bill told me you can always fish the other catagories.. So that is most likely what i will do.. But, i am planning on fishing it in 2005..
They sure have some nice boats in it makes our 26' look so tiny :)
Hope to see and meet all the wives there.. If ya'll need a bigger boat like ours to fish it .. It isn't huge but, it'll do it.. Just let me know I figure Bill and 1 hubby as a mate and 1 other wife .. maybe 2.. It is still early but, i am excited..
2005 here I come.. That gives me a yr. to save. ;)
Lynn

·
Registered
284 Posts
We'll be there. I captain and have 7 women (3 generations of family) as anglers. Did this tournament last year in dead flat seas, had a blast. We missed the tuna pot by 3 ounces...........enough to make you cry. Sightcast , what type boat and boat name?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
We will be fishing aboard "Remedy", 36 Bertram. My wife and I, 2 other couples, and one teammates Dad as captain. We fished last year also aboard "Sea Ya" my friends boat. Wasn't the tuna pot won by a 15lb or so little blackfin? We had a whole ice chest full. We weighed in our biggest also. What boat are you fishing on? Will you be at the party Fri night? Hopefully it wont be that smooth this year, as we never catch much when it is like that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
But smooth water is good for the girls. I really didn't want to say that it was a 16 lb blackfin but it was... goes to show you never know. We'll be on our 33 Bertram " Lookin 4 action"

·
Registered
518 Posts
See you guy's have the big boats.. I told Bill give us 2 more yrs. and we will definitly be upgrading to a bigger boat.. Do you guy's see any boats in it our range 26'.. Or are they all huge sportfishers?
Lynn

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lynn, most are sportfishers, but there are a couple large center consoles. If you have the range, it does'nt matter what you ride in. I think it is a must to get to where the marlin are, because that is where you can win a couple bucks. There is a dorado, wahoo, and a tuna division with plenty of nice winnings in them. Like DH said, it was a 16lb blackfin that won last years tuna. We watched "Wildcatter" fight one heck of a nice marlin last year with stand up gear in a 28 or so center console at East Breaks. DH the smooth water is nice, but our girls want to win it all this year. They say theyll take just a little chop for a couple of sails or a blue. LOL.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thank you for the info.. Bill said we have Tuna range ..I don't care whether I win anything or not{would be wonderful though} it is the fact I got to fish in the only womens tournament :) and gave it my all.
Good Luck to ya'll it is almost here... Post up details for me when it is over.. I want to hear all about it..
Lynn

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
The "Wildcatter" was a 34 Venture, and is now a 39 Venture with triple 300s. That thing is huge and makes my 36 Contender look small. They are very good fishermen.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts