2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this on the boating forum also, and thought this forum would be great also....

I'm looking at putting a T-top or K-top on my explorer. The console is super heavy duty for you guys that run an explorer or have been on one, so I'm looking for some consultation on anyone that's put a top attached to the console and not the floor. But I'll go to the floor if I have to. Any pics would be a great help also. Thanks in advance for the replies.....

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
FishinTheBarge said:
I put this on the boating forum also, and thought this forum would be great also....

I'm looking at putting a T-top or K-top on my explorer. The console is super heavy duty for you guys that run an explorer or have been on one, so I'm looking for some consultation on anyone that's put a top attached to the console and not the floor. But I'll go to the floor if I have to. Any pics would be a great help also. Thanks in advance for the replies.....
Mine's attached to the console. I had a problem about a year ago where the console was starting to get a little loose from carrying all the extra load of the top. The vibration and wind resistance can put a lot of stress on the console. There were a a couple of auminum tabs on the front of the Console attached to the deck to help with this, but they had broken loose with 5 years of shake-rattle-n-roll.

Took it back to Top-n-Towers where the original work had been done. Even though the console had failed rather than the brackets, Bobby agreed that they had not engineered it right and installed new 20" brackets at the front and rear of the console at cost. It's been rock solid ever since.

If I was doing this again, I would definitely make sure the top was attached to the deck as the primary means of support.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts