2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I'm finding the fact that bow season starts next week a little hard to believe. I feel like I have lots to do in very little time.

Who else is going to be flinging sticks next week?

I spent the afternoon yesterday tuning my broadheads. I'm spot on out to 30yrds and will spend the weekend making sure my Montecs are shaving hair by Monday.

·
Registered
719 Posts
My son is pretty stroked. I hear you on the time frame. I've got to run out and put his stand back up Saturday. I took everything down just before the storm. There's not a leaf left on a tree anywhere. I guess we are going to find out just how well Scent Loc really work's.

·
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scent control is everything. I got invited to hunt a place last year and they put me in a stand amongst some Mesquite trees. I felt out in the open naked. Thanks to scent control I had several does and three bucks from 10-30yrds around me.

Dead Wait said:
My son is pretty stroked. I hear you on the time frame. I've got to run out and put his stand back up Saturday. I took everything down just before the storm. There's not a leaf left on a tree anywhere. I guess we are going to find out just how well Scent Loc really work's.

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
I've had a feeder and a game cam up for 2 weeks - late I know, but it was the best I could do this year being my first on the lease.

Going tomorrow or Sunday to look at the pics.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Bow

I'm planning on spending some quite time up high in a big oak tree. After the storm, it will be a good time to reflect on all of our blessings and see nature up close. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

·
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.
13,305 Posts
Me and the 11 year old will be down Friday afternoon, pulling cards and seeing where our best looking spots are to set up. It will be hard to pull the trigger on a buck unless it's a monster- Just hoping to see some deer and maybe take a doe and/or hog.

Willl be baiting the hog trap and see if we get any results there as well. Long range weather forecast looks about as good as you can expect for bow opener.

·
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking the same. I'll take a hog and maybe even a doe unless I see one of three bucks that I would consider shooters.

This weather is much better than last years 90+ degree heat I had to bear with on opening weekend.

Main Frame 8 said:
Me and the 11 year old will be down Friday afternoon, pulling cards and seeing where our best looking spots are to set up. It will be hard to pull the trigger on a buck unless it's a monster- Just hoping to see some deer and maybe take a doe and/or hog.

Willl be baiting the hog trap and see if we get any results there as well. Long range weather forecast looks about as good as you can expect for bow opener.

·
Eric Garcia, Premier-Yamaha San Antonio
1,141 Posts
funny you brought it up, my buddy called me last night and asked me the samething. He's excited....... Im not ready, just got to many things going on. I havent touched my bow since last year !?!?

·
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
expressfish said:
funny you brought it up, my buddy called me last night and asked me the samething. He's excited....... Im not ready, just got to many things going on. I havent touched my bow since last year !?!?
I talked with the only other guy on the lease who is bow hunting and he's the same. Too busy to even think about it. That is until I send him a pick of the season's first kill...;)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Ready, it'll be my first yr., gonna' try and whack a pig or javelina first, then I'll move up to the big boys, the ol' rifle is staying at the house this yr......

·
Trap AF ...
4,992 Posts
Headed South to shoot dove off the food plot in approx. T-minus 1.75 hours (it has not been manipulated) ... pull the memory cards, brush 2 bow blinds and arrow a pig ... !

I've got some serious work to do after loosing 150 lbs. of venison, fish, fowl, and poultry in the aftermath this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts