2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that if you have always run synthetic that you should not go back to regular oil. What do you'll think?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Myth: Use synthetic oil and you can not go back to conventional oil. Fact: you can go back to conventional oil. Both synthetic and conventional oil have to meet API service classifications. Also both are SAE (society of automotive engineereed specific oil). If you use a really good synthetic like AMSOIL the benefits are many, like reduced engine wear, cooler engines temps, cleaner engines, better fuel mileage, saving money with extended oil drain intervals. Why would you want to go back to dino oil? Spend more money with conventional oil or spend less money for oil changes with synthetics. Oh by the way synthetic oils are not created equally most are hydro-cracked petroleum oil like everything on shelves at auto parts and walmart.
If you want to spend your hard earned money on just mediocre synthetics then they are widely available. I am one that doesn't mind spending a little more for a superior product most times.

www.highperformancesynthetics.com

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
my truck has never had but one regular oil change, ever since the first one it's been synthetic. I've heard the same about not going back to regular, but I like the synthetic oil? color me crazy

·
WHO DAT!!
3,244 Posts
Myth: Use synthetic oil and you can not go back to conventional oil. Fact: you can go back to conventional oil. Both synthetic and conventional oil have to meet API service classifications. Also both are SAE (society of automotive engineereed specific oil). If you use a really good synthetic like AMSOIL the benefits are many, like reduced engine wear, cooler engines temps, cleaner engines, better fuel mileage, saving money with extended oil drain intervals. Why would you want to go back to dino oil? Spend more money with conventional oil or spend less money for oil changes with synthetics. Oh by the way synthetic oils are not created equally most are hydro-cracked petroleum oil like everything on shelves at auto parts and walmart.
If you want to spend your hard earned money on just mediocre synthetics then they are widely available. I am one that doesn't mind spending a little more for a superior product most times.

www.highperformancesynthetics.com
I've never had a problem with Amsoil. I have, however, have always had a problem with the way it is sold. Usually by some guy who searched for the word "oil" on all kinds of forums and then tells you how great it is and posts a link to his site that sells it.

Been on mulitple forums, with multiple different interests and the only thing that changes is the guy selling the stuff.

·
Registered
101 Posts
MLM's the last time I checked are perfectly legal way to sell products in the USA. AMSOIL is a legimate 38 year old company, if not they would have been sued out of buisness within 2-3 years. When you offer the best product and provide the data that support the facts thats where I can see getting just a tad bit enthused about it. Forums are randomly used by other legimate companies beside AMSOIL Dealers. Oh by the way I have not changed in a while and I continue to sell the best "stuff".

·
Registered
616 Posts
yeah I went back to regular from Amsoil in my 8.1L Chevy. That thing new from the factory drank oil like it was whiskey. I had to top it off with 2-3 quarts Amsoil between intervals. Switched back to dino oil and change at 3k. It still takes a quart in between that interval. No problems on the switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts