2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Dolphins can be dangerous. I wouldn't swim with them, let alone let my boy. I am not saying you are being irresponsible. I am just giving you and everyone else who may see this a warning. I am glad he had fun though.

·
You got girlfriend Vietnam?
1,892 Posts
I don't think that's flipper...he lives in Florida. Bet you kid will be telling all his boys about this for a long time!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Great and worthwhile pic, just please make sure it's your last in that situation. They are beautiful but very strong, powerful and unpredictable. Again, great pic and I know your son will remember for a lifetime....let's keep it that way.

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Pics...

Danged if you do, and Danged if you don't!!!

Cool Pic!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
That is an experience for a life time, and I am glad nothing bad happened.

Don't feel bad, I don't think anyone here is trying to down you for this. Just would hate to see anything bad happen. And, there is a moderate risk in that situation.

That is pretty cool though. As mentioned, he will be talking about that for the rest of his days.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My thoughts are that it is more dangerous to scuba with baracudas or sharks in the area than to be in the water with a porpoise. We monitored the porpoise for 45 minutes before allowing the swiming with the mammal. I agree that there is always a possibiity that something may happen when scuba diving, snorkeling or swimming in the gulf. I think that my son was in no more danger than if we were scuba diving. Never ever would I place my children in a situation that I felt would harm them. However there are some hazards associated with everything you do in life. Reality is he has a greater chance of injury playing football than swiming in the blue water.

·
Banned
26 Posts
I would "not" put my son in that situation. Period. Unless you have a Ph.D specialize in dolphins reasearch that you forgot to mention.

·
JB Guide Service
205 Posts
That is way to cool.:D Can't help people who never want to do nothing but stay on the computer and wish they could do that. i guess thats way you have dreams

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
Should clarify that he was probably swimming with a porpoise. However, I suspect Dolphin and Porpoise statictics to be similar.

Brandon

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Man gotta love it! Maybe we should never let our kids out of the house, it's much safer. It's more dangerous swimming in the surf in Galveston than what he was doing. More than half the stuff we did as kids are thought to be taboo now days. I don't know how any of us survived our dangerous childhood! :confused:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.