2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went by to check out PAContenders boat yesterday and it is a sweet machine. Mike, it was good to meet you and I hope to fish with you one day in the near future. Just out of curiousity what kind of mileage do you get when you are towing that beast?

·
Reel Gambler
3,761 Posts
Argo,

Are you sure you don't want to buy used engines? I am thinking about selling mine, by the time the law suite is over they will be out of service for a long time. I hate to store an engine/s and expect it to be in top condition in two years. They aslo are still under warranty until 7-8-05.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Around 10 -12 mpg depending on wind. I am ready to put her in the water and put some fish in the box. It was nice to meet you too. I will let you know whenit is done, and we can get out deep.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know until I find out what is going on from ins. If it gets rebuilt then I wont repower until next year. If nothing is done to it (nopay by ins) I will not repower until Jan. If it is totalled and I get paid for it I will buy some engines asap. Lightly used is always an option at the right price. I have seen very good pricing on some new motors though, that is why I like that option. Can I extend the warranty more on those motors if I wanted to get them? They dont carry bad Carma with them do they, like bananas?

·
Reel Gambler
3,761 Posts
I hope not! LOL

I do have some bad luck though....

When I bought my SeaCraft....I was down to either it or a 26' Edgewater. Both the 26' Edgewater and my boat have major hull problem! I was destined to lose either way!

I go with mcgolfer...a few weeks later he blows an engine....

My bay boat is smashed in a little incident at the Matagorda Harbor...

I am hired to run a guys boat from Oklahoma and the last time we go to start the engine to put it on the trailer...the starter is fried.

This past weekend....we have a great trip...everything works fine....battery dead on his truck when get back.

ALTHOUGH I have made trips on the Possession Limit and another friends boat and everything went smoothly!

Anyone want to take me fishing to test their karma?LOL

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL! I am with you on that. I have mediocre luck. I am lucky enough to have it happen close to home is why I call it mediocre. I try to have backup for stuff that could happen but as soon as my backup is not around aka forgotten, IT HAPPENS! Usually a couple of hard luck cases get together and have great luck. I must say I am usually the one that has the stinkiest bait. Why, I dont know.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Don't come anywhere near my boat until after Nationals in November, Charles.

·
Super Moderator
864 Posts
Capt C ?

I'll get to meet you this w/e, but know we that know how your luck has been running.......................How about trying a new hat, shorts , something ?????

There's more than one slump to be Busted this weekend !

Think positive thoughts!... Fish-on.....Fish stays on......Parker doesn't fat finger the wire..lol............Tag goes in......Tell her we'll see her next time !

See you Fri.

·
Reel Gambler
3,761 Posts
James,

I was planning on stopping by Friday afternoon to pet your boat before we left on the Possession Limit! I guess you'd rather me not! LOL

BD,
Looking forward to it....I have new pair of sunglasses I was hoping would change my luck but both of the ear pieces broke off...cheap POS glasses...or was it that luck showing up again?!?

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have great fishing luck as far as catching stuff. I am starting to think that the guy that fishes with me on a regular basis is the bad luck. I went out this weekend and the fishing was great as well as the boat.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Capt. C,
The only difference between the Edgewater and Seacraft is that Edgewater replaced my hull within about 4 weeks once we discovered cracking in the transom area near the motor mounts. According to Edgewater, it was a QC issue due to a lack of insulation between the hull and transom. The replacement hull they sent us has been run hard for 6 years now w/o any repeat cracking.
It may not be the best boat in a head sea, but it is dry and Edgewater stands behind their lifetime hull warranty. I believe the warranty these days is 10 years.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
run hawd

When BW Runfek says run hard, he means run hard. Their Edgewater is not a real deep-V and I have often had to check my fillings when I got it, but there are no knocks on the workmanship of the boat. It can certainly take more than these 30-something knees can

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Hey J, you talkin about me LOL............................................later,Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts