2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was watching swamp people, and Liz hit a log and damaged the lower unit. They said the lower unit would have to be replaced. It appeared they were going fairly slow when it happened. I thought the lower unit was damaged very easily. Did anyone else see the show and think the same thing? Or am I off base? Just curious.

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
i thought the same thing. but it could have had a hairline crack and the slow bump did it in.

seems like lizbet would do better hanging baits instead of rod and reel and open water shooting and such.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I don't know about you guys but the first (2) seasons of Swamp People were the best...seemed to be less scripted then. Sort of like Deadlist Catch...gotta make some sort of drama to keep the viewers interested.

I didn't see Swamp People last night, have it DVR'd for this weekend and I'll be sure to watch for it.

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
Jerry springer ****!! Just like duck dynasty..... fake but my kids love it

·
the Man, the Myth, the Legend
649 Posts
I don't know about you guys but the first (2) seasons of Swamp People were the best...seemed to be less scripted then. Sort of like Deadlist Catch...gotta make some sort of drama to keep the viewers interested.

I didn't see Swamp People last night, have it DVR'd for this weekend and I'll be sure to watch for it.
Agreed. I've been following it, and when it started last night, I just wasn't interested any more.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Lots of drama staged into that show to keep it interesting for the crowd. However if you hunt, fish, boat or have any clue about what you're watching it's pretty easy to catch it.

Sort of like when they pull out an 8 foot lizard looking gator and say it's 750 lbs... Yeah, right - makes fishermen look like a monks from an honesty standpoint...

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
That seemed to only be a light bump on Elizabeth's boat--the broken piece looked like it was plastic. Did you notice how Willie and Junior started off with the boat with the Vanguard mud motor, and then in the same outing were in a boat with an Evinrude on it. That Willie takes some punishment and keeps on ticking.

·
the Man, the Myth, the Legend
649 Posts
Lots of drama staged into that show to keep it interesting for the crowd. However if you hunt, fish, boat or have any clue about what you're watching it's pretty easy to catch it.

Sort of like when they pull out an 8 foot lizard looking gator and say it's 750 lbs... Yeah, right - makes fishermen look like a monks from an honesty standpoint...
Yeaahhh!!! That's what I don't get. They always say these monsters are 750, 800, 1000 lbs, and these guys have 10-20 of them in the boat at a time. Man, that's a lot of load on them boats! The recommended wieght limit on my 17 footer is 600lbs, so I guess i can only catch one of them gators then have to go to the dock and sell'em every time before I come back out and check the other lines.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That seemed to only be a light bump on Elizabeth's boat--the broken piece looked like it was plastic. Did you notice how Willie and Junior started off with the boat with the Vanguard mud motor, and then in the same outing were in a boat with an Evinrude on it. That Willie takes some punishment and keeps on ticking.
Those editors they have SUCK!! LOL I notice that on every episode!! Them boyz on the show must not shower or something cause they're on different boats and they're wearing the same clothes!! LOL

·
shake and bake
7,801 Posts
GF pointed out that Liz's daughter was casting with a white rod then broke a black Ugly Stick looking rod. Show is getting more and more scripted. There are plenty of stories that can make the show than having to over dramatize or make stuff up.

I think Ax Men is doing the same.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This was the type of feedback I expected about the lower unit problem. At the risk of starting an unintended and unwanted chevy/ford/dodge debate, are you saying Tohatsu is prone to lower unit problems? Have you, or someone you know, experienced problems with a lower unit on a Tohatsu? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Last episode her daughter had one hooked with the rod and liz was trying to get off a shot and it went into the slow motion. Well when it did the alligator they showed was being pulled by a hook in the mouth lol. I started fast forwarding the fight of the alligator. The show is much more enjoyable now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I agree the editors suck, i also noticed how the mud motor changed to an Etec checking the same line. I'm losing interest pretty fast, but it's still beats "The Bachelor".

1 - 20 of 26 Posts