2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 150 suzuki 4 stroke - 5 to 6 miles per gallon, never failed, would not change, going to buy again on next boat this fall

Con - a hair heavy

Pro - Gear reduction in lower unit for hole shot. Great gass no oil. Quiet.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I just bought my 2nd Suzuki. The first one was a 140 on my Shallow Sport and now my 2nd is a 200hp on my new Mosca. So far they have been the best motors I have owned. I also run a Offshore boat with twin 150 Suzukis. Never had a bit of problames out of them either.

Capt. Dustin Lee
Fish'N Addiction Guide Service
[email protected]
www.TexasBigFish.com

Team Brown Lures
Team Mosca Boats
Team AMP Lures

·
Registered
26,822 Posts
Go to the evinrude web site and watch the e-tec videos (there are several of them)before you purchase a 4 stroke. I personally wouldn't own a 4 stroke because of the lack of hole shot and the added weight directly on the transom. They are very heavy and do not have near the hole shot (for getting up on plain)as an e-tec. The e-tec gets better fuel economy or the same, is very quiet and meets higher EPA requirements then the 4-stroke. When wade fishing or just simply getting up on plain, I do not want to dig up everything under the boat. And I don't want to find that pile that I wouldn't have otherwise found. And when skiing you'll actually drown the skier trying to get them up.

·
Looking for Fish
666 Posts
Don't have one so my opinion probably doesn't count, but you never hear anyone complain about them. Buddy of mine went out with a friend of his who has a new 21 TV Explorer with a 150 SUKI on the back and was very impressed with the motor. He's use to running shallow and hole shots and said he didn't see any problems with it jumping up and going.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.