2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
havent gone fishing in a while and I was planning to head out to surfside tomorrrow morning, has anyone been out there lately since the rain?? and has the water gotten any better? im still deciding on wether to go to SLP or the jetties. maybe even Seawolf park. any suggestions?

thanks,
Nicholas

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think the water still looks good but people havent been catch trout from the word on the street. The rain and wind really messed things up for the surf.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
try it out...

the surf is getting better and flatter due to ligh winds..if i were u..u should go and try it out...i want to go but i have no ride..trying to see if i get a ride and go with any of 2coolers..and pay for gas so...if u go..tell us how u do..

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have been to surfside/SLP 3 weekends in a row. The first Sunday we didn't even try to fish. The surf was flat but looked horrible from the rain runoff and debris. Last Sunday we drove the beach from surfside to SLP and fished just short of the beach houses at Treasure Island. The water looked better closer to surfside. We caught a couple of bait sharks on casted rods. I kayaked straight out almost a mile and never found green or clear water. My son kayaked over into the mouth of SLP and immediately caught a couple of small specks on a chartruese (sp?) speckrig. I surfed at Surfside Saturday morning (yesterday), then drove from surfside to SLP and into Galveston. The water at Surfside had decent color but as you went toward SLP the water inside the 3rd bar got pretty dirty. As we crossed SLP the water became dirtier and by the time we got to the Galveston Fishing Pier, the water was dirty at least 800 - 900 yards out. Tthe surf was very flat today, so I think the water right aroung the SS jetties should be pretty good tomorrow. But anything from SLP to Galveston is going to need more time to settle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was at Surfside yesterday till dark. Caught Spanish macs. Saw no trout, few rat reds. A guy was spearfishing at the end and had a nice Snook in his box. The water on the east side was beautiful and full of bait. Lots of pup sharks were caught. I only caught the macs on silver anythings reeling as fast as possible. Had the best luck at the end by the mudline. How do ya catch snook???????? Anybody....

·
Registered
647 Posts
Fished Ss Jetty Pocket Saturday Morning. Had Limit Of Trout And Released One At 27.5". Spent Most Of The Morning Dodging Surfers. But Every Body Got Along Great.

·
waitin' for duck season....
161 Posts
labdog said:
Fished Ss Jetty Pocket Saturday Morning. Had Limit Of Trout And Released One At 27.5". Spent Most Of The Morning Dodging Surfers. But Every Body Got Along Great.
Waht did you catch your limit on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts