2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it out at 0630 yesterday w/always gone fishing, & mredman. Dirty water to 5 miles, a few logs, & then the green water took over. Nice water, just full moon swells in the 2' range. Since we had a productive trip the week before, cruised out toward the shrimpers in the 20 mile range. Bopped around to a few of them, but too much dead bait in the water. Before we hit 1, we dropped lines in the water, & a King exploded on a lure w/ 4 sky high jumps. Also what we thought was a bonita, ended up being a mahi for mredman. Since I wasn't feeling too good, (chilis burger the night before), we slow trolled. Thanks for my crew, for being understanding. We finally made it to the Fogg, where we limited out on good sized snaps. Still wasn't feeling too good all day, so never made it out real far. It was a hot 1 out there, & midday was calm sea, just the swell. Real nice not quite blue water at 25 miles. Headed in & hit a perfectly formed rip line at 18 miles, which of course we trolled, & picked up a few nice sized chicks. Thanks for my crew for a good time despite not feeling too hot. Aloha for now!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Wade, I really enjoyed the trip and when you come on my boat I'll have a bucket and ice pack just for you. You really would have made Sixtoe proud yesterday. Consider staying away from the Oldtimer Burger at Chili's the night before the next trip - the whole E. coli thing can throw a wrench into the offshore adventure.
All kidding aside, it was a fun time and good company and I can certainly appreciate the battle you met head on yesterday.

Thanks,
David

·
Salty Dawg
7,701 Posts
Good report and picture. That Always Gone Fishing guy sure does get around. LOL

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Calmday, you are exactly right with all this fishing on other 2cooler's boats I am begining to question why I continue to own a boat. Well, I guess I need to return the favor and share the fun so for me that is a good enough reason.
I was telling Mahiseeker that we need to organize a small floatilla out to the deep water with the dog days of August at our door steps. Let's keep an eye on the weather and possible "hookey" days.

This board is a great place with 2cool people! Its good to be a part of it.

AGF

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Hey, Hey!!!! Don't Forget Tiny!!!!!!

Tiny can play hookey reel good!!!

·
Salty Dawg
7,701 Posts
I would be in. Tiny you would be welcome on my boat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts