2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Borders, language, culture
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Surfside Jetty this morning about 6:30. My intentions were to travel light, so I just threw a few soft plastics, some extra jig heads and some pliers in the pockets of my shirt. When I got there the water was okay, not pretty, but not terrible either. I picked out a good rock about where the first swells were breaking and started casting. Two hours later I was on the same rock and had brought 8 or 9 specks to hand, lost two or three on the rocks and had numerous strikes. Most of the fish were 13 or 14 inches one or two were pushing 17, but it was still good to finally catch a few fish. I only took a few soft plastics, but they seemed to favor the Norton sand eel jr in limetreuse gold and a red with white tail "choke a ho" minnow. Oh, also the bluefish were pretty thick and ended up cutting eveything I had in half by the time I left, but my flourocarbon leader made it through the whole ordeal.

Stu

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Sounds familiar

Sounds like Summer surf fishing in full swing! Yippee!

I will be in the salt all weekend. High and low tide getting the boy learned up real good like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts