2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we were at it again got there around 7 and could only catch hard heads. Well thats not a good sign. Well the sun sets and we set up lights and the big rods to try to get a shark or big red. Next we get a hook up but it wasn't a red or shark it was a big gafftop it was 4 pounds! Next the rain comes and some people start to leave. I say Redfish time well couldn't get one. Rain stops and the bait shows up in the lights YES. We break out top dogs and storm lures and start catching trout. Well dad and I get a double header and they are both about 18 inch twins and fat too. Well I go to put them in the cooler and this guy asks if I want the only fish he caught I say sure! Well he then says that he hates the fishing because he's not catching huge trout. I say "well we caught 26 trout the other day". He then says "are you the one that posted that S*** on the internet" and i say "yea". He then says "your the reason I'm not catchin fish" ***?¿?¿ So I for some reason asks "do you post on the board" and he says "hell no I dont advertise". Okay so now that I'm giving freinds info on where to fish its advertisement?? I'm like "okay". He then continues on about how stupid it is to post up your reports. I then say well ya know these past couple of days we have had a little break from the rain so a lot of people are getting out and fishing then he says no it has been beautiful for a month just the other day me and 3 freind limited out on specks with none less then 8 pounds. yea ok and I take it your on the star tournament board to I mean 40 8 pound trout more like 40 8 pound blue catfish that got washed out into the bay. He then says Well your dumb now but you will get smart later and keep your reports to your self. Then I was ready to knock his teeth down his throat. I was seriously about to show him what somebody that bench presses 200 pounds can do to a idiot. But I just remained calm and said sure yea ok, and he left. I mean this guy acted like the jetty was his and he wanted no one on it. And I cought fish so It was him he just couldn't catch them but some how i ruined it for him. I mean I posted a report to tell freinds were some fish were and I'm glad I did cause I know some one appreciated it and I would have loved to fished on that jetty with everyone on this board so I don't care if that guy likes it or not cause if he has something to say or has a problem with me then hes ganna be in some deep trouble I am waiting for him to register and post up some BS and play the innocent guy or some ****. But I mean I didn't go get a GPS and take it with me to someones snapper hole and post where it is now that would be wrong cause people work hard to find there honey holes but this guy was just a 40 year old guy with the inttelegence oF a 5th grader no offense Gary (j/k) Well we got about 20 fish with 4 of us fishing and I had fun dispite the moron I got 6 fish dad got a couple and got me all the ribbon fish i need to rig up for some kings in POC. We even had a guy get half a limit using topwater. Its too cool seeing a trout blow up on a top water I'm still waiting for mine though.

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
That is too funny, bro. Next time you get a dweeb like that, lean into his face and calmly say..."Do you know who the he** I am?" Or call up ol Capt Croaker on Saturday morning and tell him how you and 10 friends all limited out on fat trout using croaker. You'll be his hero and your buddy there will really be peezed...lol

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
well i am glad yall had a good time and caught fish despite that guy. some people get kinda crazy if someone else is catching fish and they arent. some days its just your day and no matter what you do, you just catch em. more often for me though, its fishin and not catchin. i always know though, my day is coming, and when it does thats the payoff. some people dont even like fishing unless they are catching a lot of fish. i find myself wishing those people would just stay home! LOL i love fishing. when i catch fish its just a bonus. you did the right thing keeping your cool. its not worth it getting tangled up with a jerk like that. congratulations on a good day (night) of fishing.

trudy

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Sounds like a guy I saw

in West Bay in a canoe with a motor. He set a drift up within 10 feet of where I was wading and cut me off. I was completely dumbfounded.

There were some interesting words exchanged.

I wonder what Operation Game Thief would think of a 40 fish stringer, all over 25"?

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Brewjr, Those people are not worth getting the BP up or even acknowledging them. Just consider the source. Its hard to ignore jerks like that, but I refuse to be drawn down to their level. I have over 35 years in Galveston bay, and have my favorite spots and I don't mind sharing them with other fisherman. If I can clue a guy into a spot that I know about and it helps him catch some fish then that makes me feel good especially when he thanks me and lets me know about his experience.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pics

1. Half the ribbons (going to academy to get about 10 kingfish rigs to rig em' up for POC)
2. The big gafftop
3. The ribbons and gafftop

Since I cleaned the fish the first night my freind cleaned them this time and he has the trout pics and is sending them to me later.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So anyone going to head out towards freeport I will be in galveston bay, but if the weather is nice then there should be good fishing on the beach and jetty. I can't wait till the drum run I will be living at surfside beach with Zach, and Gary!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Secret Spot

BrewJr.,
I meant to thank you last week for sharing your "secret spot", but I too was concerned that you would ruin it for everybody. I mean, who'd a thought you could fish off the jetties? And when did they put those there, are they new? LOL. Some people.....

I used to fish the jettys a lot with the big rods, but I have this real knack for hanging up my line. So now, instead of lugging all that gear down, here's what I do: I make up about a half dozen leaders with spider sinkers, walk way down the jettys, and just throw them in. LOL.

Keep the reports coming, this board is the closest I get to fishing lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts