2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of us our heading down to surfside in the morning. Word is that the water is looking trout green. I hope it holds through the night...NE 5 mph winds..Tommorow morning might be very productive as well crowded. Did anyone happen to fish this evening??

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
This is what I am seeing for tomorrow
5am From E 10 mph
6am From E 11 mph
7am From E 13 mph
8am From ENE 13 mph
9am From E 13 mph

Then on another weather/wind site
TONIGHT
EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING
VARIABLE LATE. BAY WATERS SMOOTH. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHEAST IN THE
AFTERNOON. BAY WATERS SMOOTH. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

Good luck tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the report. Hope you get into em'!

·
Registered
41 Posts
My buddy and I fished near Surfside from 4 - 6 pm today. Actually it was in SLP before the toll bridge on the gulf side. The water was trout green, slight wind, and the waves were bearable. There was tons of mullet in the water but no birds or slicks. We actually started our trip near the end of the seawall but the water was sandy to chocolate in color. No luck there so we moved further down and found ourselves in SLP. We used plastics in light colors with no luck at all. My buddy did catch what looked like a ladyfish and he we had our plastics torn in half by something else. Nice day to be on the water but the fish got the best of us today. I saw another angler catch a fish but every one else struck out like we did.

Good luck!

NateTxAg said:
Several of us our heading down to surfside in the morning. Word is that the water is looking trout green. I hope it holds through the night...NE 5 mph winds..Tommorow morning might be very productive as well crowded. Did anyone happen to fish this evening??

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We got down to surfside around 5:30 a.m...the water was absolutely beautiful. I could see me feet in about 3 ft of water...unbeleiveable!!The water was trout green and the bait was plentyful..dolphins were feeding in the second gut. We where in the water by 5:45 chunking tops. Tops weren't the key we didnt have any blow ups. Switched to soft plastics immidetaite hook up with landed 4 trout and one 22' smack on plastics. Then they turned off so we switched to popping corks and live shrimp and landed one 22' red and three more trout from 16-19. We caught over 20 trout that were less than 10'. I have never caught schoolies in the surf like we did today. The bite turned off completely around 8:00.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Thanks for the report, looking forward to going in the next few days. Do you think it would be better to fish closer to SLP or the jetties?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anywhere along the surf should produce...I would prefer to fish closer towards the pass!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Caught a limit this morning some where near the pass all on blk/org/gld 52MR. Every one I could see had fish on I will be back again tomorrow for another round got a long drive from Katy hope they will still be there!!!!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know if it will hold with the south winds...im gonna watch it until the morning and see if its worth a shot!

·
Registered
604 Posts
i came back from galveston today around 8pm. alot of people were sitting near the truck or leaving. not to sure if anyone was doing any good from what i could see. water looked great though, hopefully the water will hold up tomarrow for the am bite, i'll be there around the condos

·
Registered
31 Posts
Beutiful Surf

NateTxAg said:
We got down to surfside around 5:30 a.m...the water was absolutely beautiful. I could see me feet in about 3 ft of water...unbeleiveable!!The water was trout green and the bait was plentyful..dolphins were feeding in the second gut. We where in the water by 5:45 chunking tops. Tops weren't the key we didnt have any blow ups. Switched to soft plastics immidetaite hook up with landed 4 trout and one 22' smack on plastics. Then they turned off so we switched to popping corks and live shrimp and landed one 22' red and three more trout from 16-19. We caught over 20 trout that were less than 10'. I have never caught schoolies in the surf like we did today. The bite turned off completely around 8:00.
It was a beutilfull day with plenty of bait fish, Nate. Lets go in the mornig and tear them up again.

·
Registered
671 Posts
bllemmons said:
Caught a limit this morning some where near the pass all on blk/org/gld 52MR. Every one I could see had fish on I will be back again tomorrow for another round got a long drive from Katy hope they will still be there!!!!!
It was a beautiful morning. I,ll be down there as well.

Slurp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts