2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Miami Dol-Phan
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived before daylight to ice cream conditions. I could see my feet in about 4 feet of water. Pods of mullets were verywhere. Caught my first trout on topwater(slv/blck mullet skitterwalk). Had about 8 blow ups and only landed that one. Bite was slow overall. Then decided to move closer to the base of the jetty and started catching trouts on every cast using live shrimp. The bad thing about it was that they were all around 10-13 inch trout, not even one keeper. Also caught a nice pompano too. Did run into another 2cooler(ryanlovefishing) he had one trout when I last saw him. If you have a chance, you need to get out there and enjoy this rare thing(flat,green surf). Sorry no pics, have to fins my camera or buy a new one. Will probably head back tomorrow.

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
Good job, you still throwin that Roach Norton Sand Eel?

Biggie

·
Miami Dol-Phan
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dani California said:
Good job, you still throwin that Roach Norton Sand Eel?

Biggie
I found a new one that is pretty good (Calsieu Brew Bass Assassin).

And as far as the weather goes, it looks like tomorrow is the last day to get some of this good weather. Suppose to rain Thursday and thru the weekend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A few people down there reach their limit for spanish mackerel this morning in about 2 3 hours. The water can't get better than this... I'm excited.. can't get out of work to head down there. Hopefully the fish still there :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I was there fishing the surf from the jetty. I caught about 10 trout with 5 keepers all on super spook. I couldnt get them to bite after 8. Also caught a seagull, they kept on chasing my topwater and i had to yank it real fast so that they would not eat it

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
hey it was nice meeting u..rest of the day i caught few more keepers...5 more so all totall 6 trout yesterday morning...i assumed they moved back to the 1st gut and were still hitting my topwater..so

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
SaltH2oAssassin said:
Arrived before daylight to ice cream conditions.
Cool report.

Hmm, I guess we have different definitions of 'ice cream' conditions when fishing Galveston. Here's what it means in my family!

Attachments

·
Miami Dol-Phan
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ZenDaddy said:
Cool report.

Hmm, I guess we have different definitions of 'ice cream' conditions when fishing Galveston. Here's what it means in my family!
Yeah, different meaning but both looks good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts