2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the delay: today surfside beach the water is a little off color in close , and also a little off color out far. so does that make sense. the water on the gulf side of the jettie is still trout green. I would consider fishing the surfside jettie this afternoon. The water as you move toward the pass is still "ok", but, by no means is it as good as it has been lateley. The wind has pushed some of the off color water toward galveston. The "A frames" , to the jettie would be my best bet if i were determined to fish the surf. it is not rough, or to bad to fish the surf the water is just not as green to the shore like i really like it. If i would suggest the i guess first choice for me Wade in the surf somewhere between the Jetties (surfside ) and the entrance to the surfside beach as you come off teh bridge. Second , choice would be to "spook", a topwater, off the jettie late this evening in close right where water turns nice and green. Third choice for me would be to fish the end of the jettie with top water .
None the less it is still fishable , i cant promise you fish but , i can say that i would still try to get some fish this evening.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
thanks for the report, and your opinion, wish i could just run down there rite quick and fish, i would. thanks again for your non stop reports. later

·
Registered
272 Posts
I talked to a friend of mine who fished the surf between the bulkhead and the jetty- three keeper trout, lost a big one at the net, and a lot of dinks. Said the surf was somewhat rough. Im stuck here behind a desk for the next few days but I hope this helps. Rob

·
Registered
745 Posts
Surfside,

You think it will clear anytime soon?? I was thinkin about headin down there either wednesday or thursday morning. My son was sick last week so I had to skip the good days, after all the good reports I want in on some of that action. Course I can go either day and thats better than nothing

·
Banned
920 Posts
I'm eyeballin this evening real hard.

I'll likely be there around 6 pm.

Thanks for the report... been lookin for it all day. :)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just got back from lunch at the house, Well, i would would give it a go...the wind is blowing , so dont think it will be calm, but , the water look decent, greenish, toward the jettie. I would say fish that area tonight. good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
all my big trout have been caught out of muddie water. the muddier the better for top waters, IMO. banging the rocks with top waters or BIG plastics sounds like a goood plan!

·
Registered
111 Posts
surfside today

i got to the jettie around 6am and just got home at 4. i caught severals specs from 10am until we left but only 1 was a keeper. several in the 13-14 range. live shrimp was the key. unreal weather. hope everyone has a great day.
thanks
Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts