2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i planned last nite, got my fly equipment together, in hopes for a fun day flyfishing. I woke to a dead still wind and, flat surf. Took the skiff out to the surf, fished the end of the jetty , i picked up one spanish mack on a white clouser. Decided to move to a different "struk-ture", well first cast , with a little clouser, and i thought it was a huge trout, big blow and i missed, Turns out it was a Ling, Then of course everthing was turned in to high gear, becuase i am about to land about a 25 ling on my fly rod, well. i put the fly back out there and "boom goes the dynamite", big pull, ripping line, into the backing, and off it goes......to make a long story short was not a ling but a pompano.......and for the entire morning i caught pompano on a flyrod, with great command. i missed the ling but every fish i caught was able to rip drag and it was a blast. The water is perfect, the waves are perfect, if you can get down here today before dark i would make the trip . good luck to all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts