2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Busted these trout in rough conditions in the surf,,,, all were caught on spooks, unbelievable but they were working the top hard!!! That just blew my theory of using top-waters only in calm water....later guys,,, not a bad morning this morning....

Attachments

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
Nice mess o' fish. WTG!!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
too funny..

Thank you guys,,, There is some comic to this story I did not add. A buddy of mine met me out there, which he stayed for about 10 minutes. He mosied on back to his truck and said you aint going to catch anything in this mess, you can have it!!! I told him O.K and to have fun in that warm house and no skeeters. Just as he was driving off ,,,,BAM!! . Oh yah, you bet I drove by his house on the way home. Now he is sick and severely disgusted..

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Good job and nice trout on tops.
You're madder at 'em than I am( ah youth). It was sandy & rough this morning where I was.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good job. I caught 5 trout in the surf in about 30 minutes one afternoon a few weeks ago when it was pretty rough on skitterwalks, blew away my theory too.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Way to grind out a good catch. My theory on topwaters is that the textbook "slick calm" condition that some associate with topwater use is a disservice to topwater baits. I've had my best luck when there is at least a little riffle or chop on the surface. I think the fish see too much of the bait when it's mirror calm.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
wet the hook

Gorda Fisher said:
Not bad attall. You never know unless you give it a shot. You cant catch any fish for sure if you dont have a hook in the water.
thats my theory they wont jump in the cooler wet the hook especially after you wasted all that time and gas.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nice work, esp out there in those conditions yesterday. I was out in it and got the hell beat out of me. It was rough.

Cool to know you caught those fish up on top.

·
Surf-fishin Grandpa
428 Posts
Good mess of trout. I have yet to catch trout in the soup but usually manage some good numbers of whiting. Congrats and thanks for giving me urge to use arties in not so great conditions.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts