2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of heading down either this afternoon or in the A.M. What does the water look like, and any predictions on the best time?

Thanks,

220swifter

·
Banned
920 Posts
I too am wondering where surfside person is this morning.

Gear is locked and loaded.

Galveston looks a little chalky.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I don't know about Surfside but Galveston West beach is real sandy pretty far out. The surf is fairly calm with just shorebreak.

The nagging NW and W have it that way and not likely to clear up even with the incoming tide.
It might be Ok next to the Surfside jetty or the Bolivar pocket.

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
kenny said:
I don't know about Surfside but Galveston West beach is real sandy pretty far out. The surf is fairly calm with just shorebreak.

The nagging NW and W have it that way and not likely to clear up even with the incoming tide.
It might be Ok next to the Surfside jetty or the Bolivar pocket.
There's just a bunch of dinks in there right now. Kenny...yore no good at answering the phone. LOL We need to figure out how to attatch a pelican box to our hats.

Biggie:D

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Was down there this morning. Water was way off color at access#2. We moved over close to the jetty and caught 6 specs and a smack.

·
Banned
920 Posts
Fishaholic said:
Was down there this morning. Water was way off color at access#2. We moved over close to the jetty and caught 6 specs and a smack.
Bait or lures?

Water looks good on the cams at the jetty. Incoming tide peaking this afternoon, too.

I think it's worth a shot as the tide switches this evening to outgoing.

Heading that way and will be there around 6 pm in a black tahoe z-71.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
hilldo said:
Bait or lures?

Water looks good on the cams at the jetty. Incoming tide peaking this afternoon, too.

I think it's worth a shot as the tide switches this evening to outgoing.

Heading that way and will be there around 6 pm in a black tahoe z-71.
Lures silver spoons and Bone diamond plastics.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
?? kinda ok

I was close to the jetties this evening, water was a tad sandy there but gets worse the further you go down.... The swimmers in the Jetty area will kill ya.. Way 2 much activity in the pm around that area. It'll turn quickly to great water if the wind would jsut get SE.

·
Banned
920 Posts
I didn't walk to the truck until after 5:15 pm so I blew it off.

Sounds like the weekend will be green so I'll probably hold out until then (if I can stand it).

·
Banned
920 Posts
Cylinder said:
So Hilldo, is this where you lurk when there's no surf?
Yessir!

I'm cyclical... I'll be lurking on the duck forums in a couple months... dove in 6 weeks... green to the beach you'll catch me here... and as always I'm on elride. ;)

·
Banned
325 Posts
Can anyone give me an idea where this surf side beach is at? I live in Lufkin and am clueless of this beach area. Can anyone help with directions? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Below Galveston, Above Palacios. You can get there by taking 288 out of Houston, or Go to Galveston and go across San Luis Pass Brodge.

TxHook'Em said:
Can anyone give me an idea where this surf side beach is at? I live in Lufkin and am clueless of this beach area. Can anyone help with directions? Thank you in advance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts