2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again the Wind is calm. the water last nite looked a little sandy, but you could still see teh green patch of water in between the bars. i did not get to fish as i went to eat dinner at the "snapper", good trade off...the surf is getting a little sandy-er....i saw few guys chunkin lures and i could not tell if they were catching fish or not. If the water continues to become more sandy, the fishing may slow. As long as it flat, i will continue to fish the surf , as i normally have luck in the surf, even when it is off color, if it is flat. the wind is picking up a little at night , but not too much.
I will say this, i like conditions to be perfect like everybody else, but , i have had good luck in murky conditions with wind blowing, hard, and it looks like no fish can be caught. Here are the fish stories i hear about murkier water in the surf.

this is what people always say i just have never really tried it, maybe someone here will give one of these scenarios a shot and get back to us.

1. fish big rods, with spider weights, and big shad cut in half. = big specks in muddy surf.

2. fish big rods, with 3 ounce pyramid weights , and medium whole shad =big specks in muddy surf

3. fish quintana in the surf, with big rods, and use cut up sand trout=big specks in muddy surf\

4. fish the very end of the quintana jettie with all the asian guys and use live shrimp 7 foot under a cork = big specks in muddy water.

5. goto the shrimpboat at quintanna beach and fish topwater right before dark as the sun is setting and use a black topwater = big specks in muddy water.

6. use piggy perch and a single hook, freelined at the end of the surfside jettie and you will get = big specks in muddy water.

These are the "academy", war stories i hear every time i walk in there, i personally, just use live shrimp under a cork, in the surf in the first cut.....=pretty good specks in sandy green water.
or i use a chartruese fly(big streamer) in muddy water and hope for passing speck in muddy water.
Ladies and gents, this weekend is predicted to be flat, but , we may have to work for our trout in the surf. if the water is off color. good luck to all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Surf Report

Thanks SP for all your reports and conditions. I have wanted to get out
there and just come in to work after a few strung. Working 15 hours a
day tends to whare me out. Plan to make it out for the weekend.
Good luck and tight lines.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Water anywhere East of the jetty pocket was yoohoo as far out as several hundred yards.

Sunrise was nice. Lots of dolphins chasing giant schools of ribbon fish and birds eating shrimp by the thousands. Not a fish to be caught for an experienced group of 6 hardware chunkers.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Got to agree with Troy on this one. I was one of the six and the only fish hooked was foul hooked and a ribbon fish to boot. Very disappointed when we hit the beach and the water looked the way it did. don't see much chance of it clearing up anytime today. Maybe by tomorrow morning but lots of things are going to need to come together to let the green show up.

Still nice to see the sun come up while you're belly deep in the salty stuff.

Scott

troy merrill said:
Water anywhere East of the jetty pocket was yoohoo as far out as several hundred yards.

Sunrise was nice. Lots of dolphins chasing giant schools of ribbon fish and birds eating shrimp by the thousands. Not a fish to be caught for an experienced group of 6 hardware chunkers.

·
non-politically correct
7,305 Posts
SP, I have heard similar "murky water" fishing stories through the years and have seen some good catches in less than perfect(muddy) water but not worth the effort for me or maybe my attention span is not as long these days. Good report and I will be in SS this weekend.

·
Banned
129 Posts
Thank god for surfsideperson! Always has great surf reports really appreciate it. Plan on going this sunday will report how i do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts