2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got off the jettie this morning, the waves kicked up as I was told they would. but, don't frown yet, i still picked up a 22 inch trout on a superspook, Yes , charlie, that stupid clown color. Anyhow , the wind was all over the map this morning. If you watched the news you know rain is in forecast. Dont let that slow you down... the water still looked ok, at surfside anyway, I saw to other guys down the jettie and they had at least one speck stringered as well, i left them biting as i had to be at work at 8:00 am. I also talked to a couple guys the fished underlights last night off the jettie and they stated they caught 2 limits last night , largerst being about 23 inches or so. Still lots of bait, in the water and still lots of trout on the surfside jettie. I will fish tonight as well i think that the trout dont mind the waves , just when that water, turns to crud.....it makes it harder. I will be happy to post up anyquestions thu out the day i will in and out. Yes i live on surfside beach , i live off seashell drive, about one street from the water. I can usaully tell from my kitchen table what kind of fish are being caught on the 1st sandbar. The surf today is ridable for surfers, about Knee to waist high on good sets. but the water is still decent color. good luck to all. hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
272 Posts
JUSTIN- IM HEADED YOUR WAY HERE IN A LITTLE WHILE> CALL ME AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE ON TAP FOR THIS EVENING. Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was one of the 2 guys you saw. We ended up with 2 keepers, had about 10 throwbacks, and my buddy caught about a 20" SNOOK that shocked the heck out of me. It was fast and furious for about 30 minutes and it died down considerably after that. The wind/waves were kicking up and the water was dirtying up as we left. Had lots of fun.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to hear about the snook, yeah i had to be at work at 8 am.....bummer, i was getting lots of blow ups on my top water just connected 2 times and the ended up shaking it....
were also fishing topwater. Cpiercefish....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh and by the way, i dont ever mind putting up fishing reports, if have time at work or if the fishing really turns on..i like to see others catching fish as well. good luck to all Maybe with a little luck on our side this weekend wont be a complete washout....i would say as long as the water holds color we should be able to catch trout in the surf. or jettie.

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
Surfsideperson-

YOur reports are extremely valuable and much appreciated. I sending you a ton o green!! Thanks bro. I thought about goin out there today, but I think I'm gonna hunker down and take care of some inside honeydo's or talk momma into going to Academy.

Mike

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
definelty..i was using them...they wouldnt mind//been catching them...sometimes u cant see ur topwater so its hard sometimes// but u could feel the strike..but most of the time u can see it..i dont know about surfsideperson..

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
thanks again man, your no 1 in my book! and very fortunate! good weather fish, bad weather surf ,what more could you ask for, besides not havein to work. later

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
I love the reports too! Justin's a great guy and it shows with all the reports. - Coach

1 - 18 of 18 Posts