2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would first like to thank everyone who called and left messages ,and those that had surfside in thier thoughts and prayers during IKE, I apologize for taking so long to get back to "our" board and give updates. My family and i are all safe, and well. We evac-ed, to cypress, and returned to the surfside on sunday after the storm. Needless to say the damage was huge to the island. I am currently living in lake jackson, and visiting my house in surfside everyday to make sure things are well. The Little community of surfside will rise again and do just fine, we are very fortunate, that the storm took its turn north, however we do not wish the damage north of us upon anyone and our prayers go out to you , as we all re cover together. Thank you to everyone. Ya' ll are 2cool.

The fishing at surfside is on a slight holt right now. alot of the boat ramps are closed due to location. if you have to get in the water, i would try the ramps at the brazos river, i am sure that ernies is open but , getting down there might be a little challenge, blue water highway did not do so well. All the areas, that we used to fish, in the surf should be changed now. it will take alittle time but , some places will return , to normal other will not do so well, like in front of my house there is little beach left, and the guts i fished so intently may not come back for awhile. i will go down again tonight for a nother look, but , it looks like it might be a while before i catch fish in front of my house. Not to worry the island is cleaning up every day, and will return sooner than later. I will keep you posted and if i get a chance to fish , believe me, i will fish. I will do the best i can to keep reports coming , and by the way look at the bright side of things. the two "holes " where reds were trapped and dyiing well now there is a whole new batch of water and fish in there........and all the bays and mashes , have been revitalized, and new life is everywhere. As i have stated before, sometimes storms are good for the "nature", side of things .
stay safe, and well.

see you in the water..

ssp.

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
good to see you back what a great attitude! we needed a good FLUSHING YOURE RIGHT! do some fishing it will do you some good best of luck to you let me know if i can do anything to help. BTW whats the MOB look like?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Following up on Surfsideperson's post- I have a house right across the street from him. His house looked to be in pretty good shape. I went down there last Friday and had been down there the previous Sunday, and have to say that I truly commend the work that the police, fire department, and those involved in the cleanup have done. They need to be thanked tremendously, going without power, without sleep, and doing all of this while juggling their own problems from the storm. As for Surfside, almost anything that was at ground level (like a shed that I had) is gone. The road between Surfside and the pass is virtually impassable. But I expect the island to bounce back stronger and look forward to watching that happen. Rob

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
surfsideperson said:
i am going to drive quintanna today, i dont know if we can get to the mouth if i can i will get out there.
cool im dying to go there let me know

·
Has been known to backlash toilet paper.
1,650 Posts
Great to hear from you again! I will eventually end up at the same part of the surf as you. May God bless.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
glad your back! and your house made it! your right ,surfside will be surfside again. thanks again for the reports ! you help alot! and im sure you will be helped back!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am waiting for everyone else at surfside to do major, stuff, as my house did not suffer major damage i can wait a little while and go down later. i just lost a few shingles that i am concerned about. i have crew coming out to look at it soon so hopefully it will get fixed soon enough.

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
i gotta guy a ROOFER a 2 cooler saving us lots of money pm me if interested anyone!~

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was planning on going surf fishing in a few days, but Ike destroyed those plans! I know the beaches are now open on Galveston Island, but the water is off limits. Does anyone know if Surfside beach is reachable (able to drive onto) and has anyone heard of the water quality reports down there? Any info would be extremely helpful...Thanks!!

·
Jacka$$ Moment
848 Posts
I've looked at TONS of pictures that have been sent to me by email and from what I can tell, it looks like Ernie's is gone. The ramp and some of the other houses on that canal are there, but I don't see that bait camp on any pics I've gotten. Has anyone actually gone out there and checked on it? I sure hope they faired well.

·
NRA Life/Endowment member, 49yrs.
1,890 Posts
Dookie Ray said:
I've looked at TONS of pictures that have been sent to me by email and from what I can tell, it looks like Ernie's is gone. The ramp and some of the other houses on that canal are there, but I don't see that bait camp on any pics I've gotten. Has anyone actually gone out there and checked on it? I sure hope they faired well.
D Ray,

Looking at the NOAA sat photos and from what "Mudminnow" George said I think the Building is still there...Check my reply (#5) here...
http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=180742

Frank

·
NRA Life/Endowment member, 49yrs.
1,890 Posts
Don't think so unless you're a resident...Yesterday MM George said he was stopped at the big bridge and the only reason he got on was he knew someone there that had some horsepower.

Frank

1 - 19 of 19 Posts