2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the surf is a washout. Waves are ridable, and , it would be a beating to try to fish the surf, for specks anyway. Maybe bull reds and long rods.
i will be surfing all weekend in the surf, and maybe, fishing the bays a little just for the heck of it. In between all the wind and rain, the wind calms , then, gets real windy, then , it clears and you see sunshine for about. 2 minutes, then, it rains like cats and dogs. So , if you just have to get out to fish this weekend maybe you will catch fish, but , i would put the surf on the very bottom of the list to fish, as well as the new brazos river, If i were to try somewhere this weekend , i might try some of the protected water around here. Christmas, coldpass, swan lake, drum bay, nicks , salt, or even the harbor. good luck and if the surf changes i will let you know. be safe and tight lines.

·
DeadEyeDean
1,500 Posts
I for one appreicate this report. I am sitting here talking to my buddy who wants to fish. I have seen all the reports about the good action in the surf and of course I have not been able to go. As soon as I am, the weather turns into this. I probably will give it a go around Christmas bay but do you think it is too much fresh water? I have no boat so it will be wading where I can.

My other option is fishing South Deer Island but I have not done so before so I am not sure if it is wadable, any help would be appreicated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts