2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boatright custom flats
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the surf around 4:30. Had a pint of shrimp, but they were the super jumbo size again. The trout don't like 'em that big. Had a handful of popcorn size shrimp in the bucket, and caught most of my fish on those. Caught the others on a Corky, worked SLOWLY. Action wasn't like it was yesterday, but managed a few good fish. Ended the day with a smack and a 19" trout back to back. Fished the gut between 2nd and 3rd bars. Water looked as good as it has all week. Tons of bait in the surf. Giant pods of mullet and shrimp popping everywhere. Had fun again watching the big macks 100yds offshore busting mullet and launching into the air about 10 feet up!

I've attached a pic of what those lobster size shrimp can catch. Snagged a stingray on my Curado/Castaway combo. Took about 30 minutes to drag him in. Biggest one I've ever caught. I shoulda cut the line, but I wasn't sure what it was till I had him almost all the way in. First thought was that it was a sand or bull shark. This ray was running up and down the beach, scattering the potlickers on either side of me, LMAO.

Got a few pics too.
Later
Jeff

Attachments

·
In the Surf
665 Posts
nice catch. I had a couple rays bump into me as they were cruising down the beach yesterday. Seeing those macks doing arials offshore sure is cool to watch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts