2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for those of you who dont know me, i dont really dont do much on the computer over the weekend so that is why i dont report much on the weekends. i also dont check my pm's, so if you want to talk to me just give me a call i dont mind that at all.
Well of coarse, this weekend we had the same drama of last weekend, "cast netters" at the jettie again. I will not go into a long story about it again but, know this all you star fishing, tourney guys, i have firsthand knowledge of a guy castnetting sat. evening on the jettie the exact place that snook were caught, and he pulled up a 30 + inch trout in his cast net, i measured it the best i could, i put it up to my H&H Backcountry rod and from the very bottom of the rod to the first eye it about how long this fish was, it was a huge speck, there were other guys out there and it was not secret what he just caught, so just to let you know the big , big , big specks are still here and if you cant get around the cast netting guys, you can still win the tourney..........
Report:
Sat> fishing was slow on the jetties i picked a couple of trout on topwaters off the jetties but pretty slow.
Sun. lots of macks, and few trout and shark off the jettie , surf looked ok all weekend as other have posted a little rough in the surf but, fishable.
Monday : check today's report.

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
surfsideperson said:
and he pulled up a 30 + inch trout in his cast net, i measured it the best i could, i put it up to my H&H Backcountry rod and from the very bottom of the rod to the first eye it about how long this fish was, it was a huge speck, there were other guys out there and it was not secret what he just caught, .
did you accidently drop it back in the water and say "oh wow man i'm sorry".:D

·
Banned
920 Posts
That ****** me off to no end.

First off those big girls should be taken by ROD-n-REEL only.

Second, I already have a wall hanger and will release all specs over 25"s in the future.

Third, I am pretty sure I would have gotten into a fight over that BS. :(

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
surfsideperson said:
i have firsthand knowledge of a guy castnetting sat. evening on the jettie the exact place that snook were caught, and he pulled up a 30 + inch trout in his cast net,

How many were in his party?

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Did you stick around for the GW? I am curious to know whether or not they actually showed up and, if so, did they take any actions against this person?
surfsideperson said:
Never actually had it in my hands, other wise that would have happened, did call game warden again.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went back down there that evening about 11 pm. there were alot of people fishing with lights, and i did see the game warden, he was up to arse in ticket writing, to people that did not have a license, i dont know whether or not he got the guy with the large trout..
I dont know why all the sudden, i started to call the wardens out to surfside jettie, i have lived there for the past 10 years full time and i have been watching them do this for the past ten years , i guess i have just had enough......so watch out violators.....i walk the jettie everyday. if see you cast netting snook , big trout, or anything else you should not be, dont be surprised when the green truck shows up...

·
Registered
766 Posts
That jetty could use a 24hr. Game warden. Keep up the good work SURSIDEPERSON!! All in favor of making Surfsideperson an honorary Barney Fife raise your hands ......... err click your mouse!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
go barney fife

That jetty could use a 24hr. Game warden. Keep up the good work SURSIDEPERSON!! All in favor of making Surfsideperson an honorary Barney Fife raise your hands ......... err click your mouse!!

good work........keep it up

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Did yuou have a camera ? A picture is worth a 1000 days in the slammer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts