2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The surf today is flat, it is not complete flatness but plenty fishable without getting hammered. The water looked good this morning the wind was blowing out of the southerly direction but not too , bad. Yesterday the fishing was slow in the surf as the tide was in most of the day, but , after i got home from eating out , i came back to a low tide. It looked very fishy, about, 7:30 pm. so took my wife out for about 45 mins and we managed 3 specks right as we got there. and then got a little slower right as darkthirty came on. I will fish tonight, i will go to the surf, near the jetties, and i will fish the low tide, first cut. the fish were thick in the surf last night, i just have alot to contend with sometimes so my fishing pole is not the only one in the water. if the water holds up and the wind stays the same it will not build the surf, it will just make it alittle rough. Tonight should be getting back to last week early. good water, lots of fish, and two tons of fun . see you on the water. Oh, yeah, The old pier seems to be hold fish as well, but , i went there yesterday just to see what was going on, there 10 guys out there in chest deep water fighting the little break, and i only saw one guy hook up and i he lost whatever he had......I would say if you can get to the pier on the weekday, and be the only one on it. It may produce some really nice fish, i just dont think the guys were fishing it "right", just my thought on it.
good luck if you have any questions during the day today or any weekday pme me as i sit at desk, during the day most days and i check the pms every so often. I also go home for lunch, so i might be able to give better 12 noon reports as well if you are considering coming down after work or getting off early.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks alot for your reports. It helps me to decide whether or not to make the long drive from NW Houston. I'm going to make that drive tomorrow morning :). Thanks again and keep it up!!!

·
Banned
920 Posts
I took my gear out of the truck this morning... looks like I better load it back up this evening. ;)

[I fished the last two mornings in the bay so I was trying to make myself give it a rest. Looks like that aint gonna happen. ;)]

Thanks for the report.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts