2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the weather gods have been so nice this week, I decided to take the family down to the beach and do a little surf fishing while I was there. Needless to say the surf was flat, flat, flat.......

Only stayed about two hours and only got about one hour of fishing done total. Brought one nice speckled trout in, and lost two others. Being the noob that I am, I forgot to set the drag on my c3 (first lost fish), and the second fish I just didn't get a good hook set. Thinking bout going out again near the weeks end (maybe sat. morning) for a early morning run. Anyone interested????
Blue.

p.s. Caught the trout on red hogies. ... Also must have seen about four sets of five or more stingrays swim past me during the hour I was fishing......Caught me off guard a couple times.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Yes...Cownose stingrays make there coastal migration about this time of year. I have seen HUNDREDS of them just off Surfside beach about knee deep or less.
The moon is coming up on full...the water is hitting 85 degrees and the nite fishing will be picking up weel any nite now !!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Went out to Surfside Tues evening and caught a limit of trout in the 18" - 24" range with alot of throwbacks from about 6:00 until the sun set. I caught most of the throwbacks later in the evening. Also got a real nice Spanish Mack. The rays are juvenile cownose rays. I'm hoping to hit it again this weekend..Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.