2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished saturday for about 30 minutes between 10:30 and 11:00 a.m. before I lost my hat, broke my glasses, lost and recovered my stringer. The water beat me up pretty bad. BUT, strung 6 fish to a fat 28". I thought she was about 23" when I strung her in the overhead waves. If I would have know she was that large, would have released her. Water was beautifully big and green, mullet held between second and third bars, the trout were inside of the mullet. All fish on plastics on heavy jig heads. Got a meeting in Galveston at noon tomorrow, think I'll head that way a wee bit early!-T

Oh, its been a while since I fished the surf, when did they block off access #7?

·
Registered
50 Posts
How do you get to surfside? I've heard lots about it but don't know exactly where it is located. I want to fish just east of surfside and someone told me to take access road 4 or 7, but how to I get to them. I live in West Houston.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surfside is the town over the bridge from Freeport. Access roads to beach are numbered going east towards Galveston. Beltway 8 to 288 to Freeport to Surfside, about an hour and 5 minutes from West Houston.

·
# 314
524 Posts
I forget the name,but that last storm that came through here last year wiped out the dunes pretty good.For some reason they closed off access 7.There was a petition going at Brite Lite to reopen it but I have not heard anything else.
I would like to see it opened again.Don't let them have anything now or we'll be fighting another battle like Galveston.

·
Registered
106 Posts
whats the best way to get to the bulk head house and the car bodies? should i take access road 6 or enter under the bridge? If i take access 6 can i drive up to it pretty close so i dont have to walk a long ways? thanks

·
Big Overgrown Galoot
1,061 Posts
Head east at Access #6.....condo's. if you're coming from SLP side....just past where Access #7 is closed is a place we calls "SurfsideHenge"......cut through pilings of old abandoned project...head left (east) to get to car bodies.

...and...oh......nice catch kinja.......yer handles got that "Don't Stop the Carnival" feels to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts