2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit the beach before sunrise with Ryan. he caught his first keeper in the headlights of the truck before we even waded out -- promising start. wind was light out of the NW and surf was flat. on sunup, we were joined by several other waders and discovered that the second bar was the place to be. started getting blowups out the wazoo and it was like that until noonish with a couple of slack periods. mullet were everywhere; nervous water, huge explosions of mullet rafts toward the beach (sounded like waves crashing), large rafts, birds stirring things up. basically, ideal conditions throughout the day.

Ryan limited out late in the morning and i caught about eight trout and one mullet (foul hooked). trout were in the 13-18" range. funny thing was after Ryan caught his ten he caught and released at least ten more on topwaters while i got nothing. what. the. heck. i switched to my shorter rod and got an immediate blowup so i figure they didn't like the action of the lure.

caught all mine on Speckled Trout Spoook Jr and a 1/4oz gold spoon. after the sunrise bite slowed, we were catching them in front and behind the second gut. water was gorgeous and i could see my feet in belly-deep water.

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
There is a huge possibility that I will be out there in the a.m.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts