2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the surf this morning with my father in law and a friend just before daylight. Baut was everywhere and right up on the shore. Started fishing in knee deep water and had five tail bite offs real quick. I was throwing fire tiger so I figured they were seeing the tail only. So, being who I am(LOL), I tied on a candy corn and gave em more to hit. Had three fish before sun up and several dinks. Went seven casts in a row at one point. At around 0730 they quit. I started changing lures like there was no tomorrow and nothing worked. By 0830 we were catching the occasional passer by but nothing in numbers. The light SE wind was beginning to sandy up the early morning green water so we started working our way in. I tied the CC back on and hooked up in knee deep water with the bait sitting on the bottom. I was clearing a proffesional over ride and when I took up the slack there was a 19" on the other end. We stood in knee deep water and caught three or so more before calling it a day at 0930. Ended up with 8 nice trout and one big sandy all on candy corn except for one, it was on fire tiger. Had fun this morning and its been nice with this calm surf the last few weeks. Nice not being pounded all the time. We were fishing in the Boliver Surf along Crystal Beach.

Zac

Attachments

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention two things

1. Cabbage heads are thick, keep your elbows out of the water! LOL Trust me. Mine were burning.

2. Had my first swirl of a shark this year. Aint nuttin like looking behind you and seeing them eyes lookin at you. Actually he was smellin the bleeding trout I had in the basket but he couldnt see it. He was a 3-4 footer and scooted off with a quick flick of the rod tip.

Zac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts