2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the surf this morning and man was the water low! That west wind sure does push it out. Dont know what bar I fished cause I think I parked on the 1st! LOL Got in the water before daylight and it was on from 0545 till 0700, then the water just died. Bait everywhere, caught all my trout on firetiger(thats a first for me) and had several great action on yellow and orange skitterwalk jr. Best topwater bite Ive ever had, I guess my conversation with Aubrey yesterday gave me some good luck. He was telling me how great a topwater bite they had and low and behold this morning it was the best Ive ever seen. Trout knocking it out of the water a good 6-8" and then waiting for it to come down and whammo! Coolest thing Ive ever seen. Had one take off with the skitterwalk while I was picking out a "profesional override". For some reason at 0700 the bait dissappeared and so did the fish. Fished till 0830 without another strike. Got a nice mess of fillets and let a ton go. Saw a very sickening sight as I was loading up to go, a guy came out of the water with a stringer full of dinks. I'm not sure they were all illegal but from 30yds away not one looked to be over 14". He got in his car and left without a care in the world. Some day he'll get his. Anyway, it was a great morning to leave the boat at home and my best day in the surf ever. Awesome to be home and cleaned up before 10:00 am. No huge fish but all were 16"-20" Water was not clear green but it was a pretty sandy green. Wind was west with maybe a dab of north and it was less than 10mph till just as I was leaving it was picking up. Back to work tomorrow but first Im gonna have a great fresh fish dinner tonight.

Zac

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Zack,
Congratulations on the best topwater bite ever. You were throwing those little Skitterwalks, who would have thought they would be the go-to lure with all the big mullet rafting. where did you fish?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went yesterday evening 7/13 . Didnt get a single bite on the topwater untill 8 pm then I caught about 15 trout. Kept 6.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was fishing on the west side of Rollover Pass. That little clown colored skitterwalk didnt know what hit him. It was so short lived was the only bad thing. I could have done that all day, amazingly the skitterwalk looks unscathed. My shedogs would have needed a paint job after all that action. They didnt want the big skitterwalk today. That was the only jr. I had and I was scared to death of losing it. It was awesome seeing it flick in the air only to come down and get flushed by a second swipe. I just wished it had lasted a while longer.

Z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts