2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
surf was dead, headed to xmas s of sy's or ernie's whatever it's called now. deep water was murky and dead. so headed in shallow to walk the grass and shoreline in. spotted a red, ran from my assassin. switched to a bone top pup and as soon as i get it tied, i look up and a school of @ 15 reds is 10 yards to my right. cast past and drag through, they go nuts and a nice one hooks up. my hook pulls and the school scatters. continue to cast to sighted reds with no interest. tie on everything in my box but can't interest any. finally after seeing about 10 more fish i convince one to hit. it came then backed off, i stopped the bone top pup and it swam up and turned around. one more twitch and... bam!! finally one for the stringer. cast again to a pothole and blowup. rell in my smallest red to date. about 6 inches. see around 10 more reds and lots of blacks on the way in but no more takers.

just finished redfish on the halfshell seasoned and then put in corn tortillas with a sourcream, mayo and cayenne topping. delicious! btw, saw 2 huge gar out deep in the dirty water. if going tomorrow, take the smallest gold spoon you can throw. that's the only thing i didn't have in my belt. or chunk meat. must of also seen 20 black drum. 1 fish on the stringer, but my adrenaline is still pumping. all fish seen and hit in shin deep water over grass. i am still amazed that a 25 inch red can swim in shin deep water and not make a ripple. the one i caught was ten yards infront of me b4 i knew it was there. the school of 15ish didn't even move the water, until i dragged that top pup thru!! didn't see anyone else catch a thing. 90% were in the deeper, dirty water and didn't even attempt the shin deep grass.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
couldn't resist and went back sunday. got there around 1pm and water looked decent from the truck. but when i got out there, no water. areas that were almost knee deep the day b4 at noon were just about dry at 2 on sunday. needless to say i got skunked. only had 1 blowup. did run into a couple 6 ft gars near the bayou/cut in front of the big duck blind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts